Miami Vice - Don Johnson & Philip Michael Thomas Interviews - The Today Show - 1985

Mr. Calderon

17 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Not sure if its published, but for me, i think its new from youtube.

Shows “unavailable” to me (USA)

That same user has a load of audition tapes I've been watching over the last couple of weeks. Seems to be Bonnie Timmermann talking to various stars, some who got it, some who didn't. They may have been seen before (i.e. not come from this user) but they're new to me. An interesting insight into the process of how they looked at people and then sent over the tapes to Mann :cool:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bodie said:

That same user has a load of audition tapes I've been watching over the last couple of weeks. Seems to be Bonnie Timmermann talking to various stars, some who got it, some who didn't. They may have been seen before (i.e. not come from this user) but they're new to me. An interesting insight into the process of how they looked at people and then sent over the tapes to Mann :cool:

Where in the Bahamas? I mean...where are the links you are talking about?

Particularly you can see how they didn't give Ted Levine that small role in Payback, but put him in the back pocket to use in loads of later Mann projects. Would kind of be silly to just have him in for a minute or so, even though I'm sure he would have welcomed the gig at the time, as any of them auditioning would.

The Fiona audition is a great insight into the development of her character.

I love discovering new stuff so long after the show. 

Thanks guys:)

I've been watching a lot of these. Really fascinating stuff.

• Charlie Barnett talking about masturbation in an audition? No really.
  • Kim Greist reading for the part of Stan's girlfriend
  • Keanu Reeves? I really didn't think he is that old.
  • Jon Cryer playing the guy who steals mens pants. Now that was a suprise.
Edited by fakespyder
  • Like 3

On 12/19/2021 at 10:22 PM, fakespyder said:

Charlie Barnett talking about masturbation in an audition? No really.

I wasn't sure with this one if he had been on already or if Bonnie has just met him before. In any case, it's so different to the others, it's clearly just a case of taking someone completely raw and seeing that can fit in the show. And of course Mann has said as much and done it in other projects; taking people who are just the right feel for a thing and putting them in, rather than getting a conventional performer.

• Like 1

While we're here, I found this the other day where you can hear the studio and the interviewer after the interview has finished really bitching at PMT not wanting to talk ratings. I'm sure they would be horrified to think this candid footage would one day be viewable by the public, but it's so long ago, only a tiny minority like us are gonna watch, let alone care;

• Like 2

I thought his response was perfect. Dumb question, and dumb lady. Very cool video @bodie! Looks like it was during the Killshot episode according to his costume. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

I thought his response was perfect. Dumb question, and dumb lady. Very cool video @bodie! Looks like it was during the Killshot episode according to his costume. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I completely agree. I think PMT is always the picture of grace under pressure. I completely believe that he and DJ worked smoothly together. I was a bit sad to hear the guy on the floor when it was over mocking how PMT replied too. I thought at the end of the day buddy, you're working on the floor there in Texas and that man you're mocking is a TV legend who will be remembered for decades :tasse:

You would know if anyone would if that's the episode, thanks for the intel :radar:

• Like 2