It just might happen?

S.FL84

Maybe...just maybe it'll finally happen.  The time is right, DJ is onboard.  If it does happen hopefully they won't F it up and recast w/ nobody(s).  Original cast or don't ever bother!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yeah as much as we all say we’d like to see it happen, deep down I think we all know it could never be the same.   Leave well enough alone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think if there was going to be a reboot they should have thought about it in the early 2000s.

Its too late.

WAY too late. A reboot would be a disaster.

• Like 1

Never achieve the same success of Miami vice today. Okay, maybe. But, would nash achieve the same success today and, even só, they did a nb reboot? I dont Care, i would like to see DJ and pmt together again, even for a 20 minutes talk show.

• Like 2

They could've gone the "Hunter" route and made a couple of tv movies.  Maybe that would've generated enough excitement to bring the show back for another season.  Problem was, DJ was busy with Nash Bridges.  Plus, late 90s culture was so far removed from the vibe of "Vice" it would've probably felt like a different show.  I say 90s because I really can't see it going more than a decade after the original run.  I agree that it wouldn't work today.  I also don't want to see a reboot/remake with different actors.  But hey....they've brought back "Saved by the Bell" and "Cobra Kai", so who knows!  Nostalgia, even when cringe-worthy, sells.

I feel the same as almost everyone who made a comment here, but I totally agree with Mr. Calderon. They did make a Nash Bridges movie and it some disappointments, especially with Cheech, but I felt DJ was in great form. His humor & energy in the action scenes gave me much enjoyment and I believe in a Miami Vice movie... he & Philip Michael Thomas as a team can make the movie a success! :cool: :clap:

As Mr. Calderon said, " I would like to see DJ and PMT together again, even for a 20 minute talk show. " :thumbsup:

Too late. Sad but true. Time is over for that. (My personal opinion).

DJ says it perfectly. MV was a zeitgeist product, hinged on the role of Miami in the 80s and a certain culture that does not exist anymore. You cannot contemporize that as with other shows. Think about the music alone. You could not even find any good current music for incidental scenes apart from disco stuff. 

They could have rebooted 15-20 years after, not 30+. Don&others are in good shape, but 70+ already. "Golden Boys" maybe, but not MV. C´mon. What could Don and PMT credibly play in a reboot? Crockett&Tubbs as retired consultants 30+years after they quit their jobs and went to NY/the Caribbean?

Better no reboot than a bad one (e.g. with new charismaless actors like in "Magnum") that will do more damage to the "franchise" than the crappy MM movie called "Miami Vice".

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Maybe it's too late... but 80 year old Jean-Luc Picard is still running around beating guys up, so why not Crockett and Tubbs too.

But in space nobody can hear the fans scream!

• Haha 2

I think Miami Vice vibes were perfect in the 80's ... Look at the movie ... The vibes were differents ... So, It doesn't match anymore. 

God knows I wanted to see a follow up of the series and see Crockett & Tubbs (and the team) one time again but, unfortunatly, I think it is too late.

;(

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

A 2 hour movie with the original cast would be fine with me, but even I don't think a reboot would work. 

^ Exactly.  A one-off tv/direct video movie w/ the original cast.  No one said the Hawaii Five-O would work but it's been renewed season after season, the same for MPI and in 1984-85 MV was waaay hotter than either of those shows.  There's just so little if any original good shows on TV nowadays.

16 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

But, would nash achieve the same success today and, even só, they did a nb reboot?

They just did, that's the context of the interview above :thumbsup:

I Just think Don killed any reboot doing a nb First. I understand hes in the Control and etc, but really icônic is vice. Iknow nash had more Seasons and etc...

22 hours ago, S.FL84 said:

Maybe...just maybe it'll finally happen.  The time is right, DJ is onboard.  If it does happen hopefully they won't F it up and recast w/ nobody(s).  Original cast or don't ever bother!

I feel just the fact that DJ & PMT worked so well together & we as fans felt cheated when one of them was missing from an episode, tells me at least a Miami Vice 2 hr. movie would certainly be as successful & enjoyable as the Nash Bridges one was! 

Could they have done a theatrical movie in the 80s after season 2, similar to the Batman '66 movie?

The show would've ended on a great note, but then I guess they would've been worried about not having enough episodes for syndication.

Edited by Vincent Hanna

2 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I feel just the fact that DJ & PMT worked so well together & we as fans felt cheated when one of them was missing from an episode, tells me at least a Miami Vice 2 hrawa. movie would certainly be as successful & enjoyable as the Nash Bridges one was! 

Gotta agree! The producers went Crazy focusing only on SC. Throwing away their chemistry. This is what really makes me pist about Vice.

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think someone could pull off a crime drama follow up to Miami Vice if they were passionate about it. There's been similar recent shows/movies like Narcos or Sicario.

Imagine the main character kinda like the protagonist in Mindhunter. Crockett would be the cool older dude and the dynamic would be like Sean Connery and Nick Cage in "The Rock". Crockett, Tubbs & Castillo would be supporting characters. Cashing in on 80s nostalgia is popular right now so it's probably the perfect time to do it, especially with so many streaming services.

It wouldn't be endless call backs to MV. It'd be a brand new 13-episode story where we catch up with characters we love after 30 years, They'd be after some drug kingpin dude, It'd be cinematic and maybe has some cool montages/car chases/boat chases with contemporary music.

It's seems like it'd be harder to screw up than it would be to do it right.

• Like 2