NEW COVER "Old Friends" (mp3 and YouTube video)

Dadrian

Please click here:

Here's the video:

This video is dedicated to MY Old Friend...THE Rick Leon—without his help and contributions over the years Retro-Dade Music would certainly be inferior to what it is today. This video features Rick’s very own Yamaha DX7 mkII, which he kindly donated for use in my content.

This cue plays faintly in the Season 3 episode “Killshot”, where Jan Hammer used his then-new Kawai K3 module for this magnificent bell-like sound. You may recognize the guitar sound from “The Talk” (Season 1 “Evan”) and other cues as Jan used this DX7 patch quite a few times on both the mkI and mkII DX7—even on “Crockett’s Theme” (please see my “Sounds from Crockett’s Theme” video for that).

The ubiquitous Memorymoog pad and bass are certainly recognizable, as are the ambiances from the Lexicon 200.

I was fortunate enough to visit the Miami Jai Alai fronton in 2003—I even got to walk right out on the court as seen in this video. At the time, the whole arena looked exactly like what you see here. This music (along with my custom-made canvas Jai Alai player print that always hangs in my studio) will always take me right back there.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

• Like 13

I miss Rick, Steven Dolby, Dashn, Multipac, Peter Guja and all the talented people at Janhammer.net. It was a fun place to visit

Edited by fakespyder
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

I miss Rick, Steven Dolby, Dashn, Multipac, Peter Guja and all the talented people at Janhammer.net. It was a fun place to visit

Rick and I have never lost touch. We text message on the regular. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Titus said:

TEN STARS out of five!!! Amazing as always, Dadrian. Love the clothes and the lighting too.

Thank you very much! 

3 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

Never noticed this in Killshot. Great ear and as always, great job with the composition

Thanks man. I read somewhere that Jan was not pleased with the volume levels of his work on the season 3 broadcasts. If so, this is a shining example of why he wasn’t. You literally have to be listening for it—and I’m always listening for it. :) 

2 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Simply beautiful. A new Retro-Dade cover - what more could we want? 2022 has just become a good year. Thanks, Dadrian.

That’s very nice! Thank you. More to come!

• 1 month later...

Hi!
Cool song!

For those who mentioned that they missed the Jan Hammer page, count me in.

Here's a playlist with my songs and ideas:

Also be warned, Close up! :)

Cheers!

• Like 2