RIP Ned Eisenberg aka Charlie Glide

TheGreatMcCarthy

Devastated…

My mom and niece from Texas visited our Georgia home this past weekend. 

They asked if they could watch an episode of MV with me.

My wife suggested “Yankee Dollar” for a good one.  She calls it “the Charlie Glide episode”. :) 

It was a real treat to watch an episode with family. I normally watch alone in bed before I fall asleep.

Afterward, they all went on about how good Ned was in this role, and I showed them my photos of the many locations I’ve visited from this episode. It was a fun night!

And then this news today… ;(

RIP Charlie Glide—one of the best MV villains EVER! :flowers:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I listed him as one of my all-time favorite MV villains, too.  You picture him so well from Charlie Glide,... that you don't recognize him at all in The Lost Madonna.  That's how you KNOW an actor is good at his skill.

Life... can be fun if you live it down a righteous path.  But it can also be funny, as in perplexing and full of questions.  It's what we don't know that bothers us the most, and death is one of those "you don't know" items.  
When we have a friend or associate die, it reminds us of our own lives.  But it's funny how you seem to be shaken MORE when a favorite celebrity you grew up watching finally passes away.  It's as though your fave celebrities have a more powerful "clock" that puts the alarm on your thinking.  
I just knew somehow in my heart, that when the day came that I would hear actor James Garner passed away, that would feel like the end of some personal phase of my happy life.  That guy was SO sweet as a person (all the women said it about him), completely regardless of the cool Rockford Files, such a righteous splendid warm real man.  I said to myself, once Jimmy goes, that's the bell ringing out the end of tv art for me---I would never really feel fully interested in television shows ever again.
Somehow, I feel the same about that day Carrie Fisher passed away, too.  It felt like the Star Wars era was now as closed shut to me as if George Lucas himself had passed away.  Makes no logical sense at all, I know it's just a silly mood feeling.  But that's how I felt:  The Door is Now Closed To this part of your Life's Past.

It's going to feel that way the moment I hear we've lost one of the Vice creators or chief cast.  It's going to feel like sitting on a Miami pier two hours before the sun's going to go down.  And from that point forward, it's no longer going to be "I love Miami Vice"---it's going to be "Miami Vice was a love you had in this X-part of your life".  It's just going to feel different, like Star Wars feels forever different to me these days.  

I'm an adult, so I know... it HAS to happen soon.  The Maimi Vice gang are NOT elderly yet, but they are Hollywood people (lifestylers who are notorious for mis-treatment of themselves), and they are all in the age bracket of vulnerability, when something important inside your body suddenly decides not to work, or issues you've been struggling with in your past finally arm-wrestle your body into a quick takedown...

Edited by Augusta
  • Like 1

He was fantastic as Frederico Librizzi also, the man that was responsible for Al Lombard's death.

Well realistically anyway, because when Farina popped up in "World of Trouble" that was stretched things to the extreme.

• Like 1

• Administrators

He was one of the coolest guest actors in the series, in my opinion. Sad to see him go so early, may he RIP. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...