Phil Collins Final Concert

Vicefan7777

I just read that the 71 year old Phil Collins performed for the final time in London.  With all his health problems he bravely performed one last time for the fans.  Thank you Phil for giving us such wonderful music.  Enjoy your retirement. 

• Like 9

Phil Collins' Farewell Tour in 2003 was the first concert I ever saw and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. I was only 8 years old and I can still remember Phil dancing around in a chorus line to "Hang in Long Enough" and "Wear My Hat." Phil is in a league all of his own and I listened to only him growing up - bravo to a class act! 

• Like 2

Yes, indeed.  I remember bits from a documentary on Genesis, and how the two creators of that group were the super-intellectual and art-minded drivers of the group... and how when they needed to replace their drummer who was having all sorts of artistic disagreements with them, they brought in this guy Phil, and Phil was NOT an artistic high-brow, he was just an easy fellow who was having a good time with drums.  His happy  "wha is there to argue about--sure, let's just snag our instruments and go do it" attitude set him apart from the two art-genius members of the group, his presence worked like a natural healing glue whenever the other two had a falling out.  He'd smile and try anything once, and that led them  to trying him as singer, which lead to LEAD singer,... which ultimately made him the grand survivor long after Genesis' lifespan.

Sweet proof that the non-uptight, non-obsessed, easy-and-happy-having-fun persons often rise to the supreme top of their profession too.  It's NOT necessarily a dog-eat-dog world after all.

Edited by Augusta
  • Like 4

On 3/29/2022 at 11:12 PM, Augusta said:

Sweet proof that the non-uptight, non-obsessed, easy-and-happy-having-fun persons often rise to the supreme top of their profession too.  It's NOT necessarily a dog-eat-dog world after all.

No, but it can be pretty ruff!. /I'll show myself out:thumbsdown:

• Haha 1