Hello from Tampa, FL

JBurns

Hi All!

Just joined the group.  Since moving to FL from CO I have become a big Miami vice fan.  Been watching on peacock and the resolution is surprisingly good. 

Anyways, took a job here and it requires travel to Miami. Was there a few weeks ago and took a pic in front of the Atlantis. 

Also next trip I want to visit Tommys Garage, to see if the Mural is still there.  Does anyone know the artist by chance? 

I will be back down in Miami in May - let me know if there is a site you would like checked out. 

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2554 (1).jpg

• Like 7

Welcome to our Miami Vice website, JBurns!  We hope you will enjoy your visits here and you also get to enjoy the MV episodes, even more! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Welcome @JBurns!

Sadly, the mural and Tommy’s Garage are long gone. That area next to the Omni Building is now a bus/MetroMover hub, but still a nice sight with beautiful vegetation. 

This is how it looked in 2016:

7FDA8129-738C-420C-8552-70C7438A30F7.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 4

vor 10 Stunden schrieb JBurns:

Hi All!

Just joined the group.  Since moving to FL from CO I have become a big Miami vice fan.  Been watching on peacock and the resolution is surprisingly good. 

Anyways, took a job here and it requires travel to Miami. Was there a few weeks ago and took a pic in front of the Atlantis. 

Also next trip I want to visit Tommys Garage, to see if the Mural is still there.  Does anyone know the artist by chance? 

I will be back down in Miami in May - let me know if there is a site you would like checked out. 

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2554 (1).jpg

Hello and welcome!

Tommy’s garage is long gone. There is a Metrorail station at its place.

I know the artist who did the mural. Ken Beberman. I posted several pics of the mural in the locations thread for One way ticket. The artist did also the murals for many other clubs including the Paris Modern shown in Borrasca and he has a website. 

https://beberman.com/bio

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, fidel14cora said:

Hello, everyone. How are you doing?

Hello! Welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fidel14cora said:

Hello, everyone. How are you doing?

Doing good here.  Welcome to the Vice family!!

• Like 1