RIP Robert Hoelscher, police advisor of Miami Vice

Tom

Robert "Bob" Hoelscher, also known as Sergeant Bob has sadly passed away a few days ago at the age of 85.

He was a Miami Police veteran for 50 years and police advisor for the whole series. He is seen in so many episodes in uniform (Sons and Lovers, Killshot, Redemption in blood, ...) and without (e.g. Freefall, he is one of the thugs kidnapping Crockett&Tubbs) 

See some memorable photos below to remember him!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-16 um 12.56.55.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-16 um 12.54.45.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-16 um 12.55.17.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

Thanks, Tom for making us aware of Bob Hoelscher! Most of us didn't realize the important role he played in the success of Miami Vice! :thumbsup:

May he rest in peace! ;(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I heard this news a while back but never commented on it. It’s sad to hear of his passing, many times throughout the last few years, I’ve recognised his face while watching Vice.
Sons and Lovers, he got a fairly bigger part due to the elongated bomb scene. I also remember him popping up in Free Verse. RIP Bob. 

Edited by Miami Beau
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Here's an interview with Bob Hoelscher about his work on Miami Vice.

To ensure realistic handling of weapons, Hoelscher had the cast members take the Florida State Law Enforcement Officers Qualification Course .

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 7

vor 6 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

To ensure realistic handling of weapons, Hoelscher had the cast members take the Florida State Law Enforcement Officers Qualification Course .

great interview! Bob was not only smart, but also very eloquent!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, airtommy said:

This is exactly what Michael Mann wanted, authenticity and it's one of the reasons I love the show so much.

Using real cops and criminals and inputting what would and should happen. In Thief he had James Caan operating machinery for months and in Heat he had them going though gun training for 6 months, Manhunter the cast all visited  Quantico.

No doubt Bob was a great advisor on the show, just like Chuck Adamson.