Site Down Again?

ViceFanMan

So...suddenly last night the site was no longer available and gone :eek:, as well as the Facebook page. Even just a while ago yet this morning, it was still inaccessible. Now it does seem to be back up. Is everything okay now & what was the deal? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

Haven’t heard from our resident technical wizard yet.  When I know you’ll know.    Regardless, it’s good to be back!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Haven’t heard from our resident technical wizard yet.  When I know you’ll know.    Regardless, it’s good to be back!

Absolutely!! :thumbsup: Hope it’s up to stay! :clap:

• Like 2

I kept facing issues with the site (could not post, repeatedly got Error 404) until I deleted all cookies in my browser. I recommend to do the same in case you're also experiencing problems. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also kept getting an error message and a note to contact the site operator to fix the problem. The main thing is that we are all back now.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

I kept facing issues with the site (could not post, repeatedly got Error 404) until I deleted all cookies in my browser. I recommend to do the same in case you're also experiencing problems. 

16 minutes ago, Christine said:

I also kept getting an error message and a note to contact the site operator to fix the problem. The main thing is that we are all back now.

Yeah, the ‘Error-404’ message is what I was getting too. However, I periodically clear my cookies & website data anyway (I’m on an iPhone and not a computer, as my personal laptop died a couple years ago and I haven’t gotten around to being able to afford to get another one yet)...but it didn’t seem to help last night. But, yes—the best & most important thing is the site is back up! :dance2: I just hope they figure out what the problem was & prevent it from happening again. :funky: 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

It was redirecting to a generic front page for me...one of those "search pages." I never got a 404 error. If you searched for the site, Safari would actually warn you that it was showing up as http instead of https. Feels like a hiccup in domain registration, but it's hard to tell.

And my browser is set to clear all cookies on close, so it wasn't that.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Team, thankfully James was able to figure out our issue and update us. Minor glitch in the back ground but thanks to his technical wizardry, we are back on line.

A huge shoutout to James for fixing our site! Thank you James!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

• Administrators
6 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Must be a glitch in the Matrix.

Definitely a glitch in the Matrix. It was DNS issues, I was able to fix it quite easily. It shouldn't happen ever again. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, James said:

Definitely a glitch in the Matrix. It was DNS issues, I was able to fix it quite easily. It shouldn't happen ever again. :thumbsup:

Thank you beyond all measure!! :clap: This is relieving & awesome to know! :dance:

• Like 2

I thought there was something wrong with my computer since it said I wasn't on line. I was able to get other things so I realized it was a MV issue.

Thanks for fixing it, James! :clap:

• Like 4

• Administrators
9 hours ago, James said:

"C'mon Lester,  wanna gimme that in English?" ;)

• Haha 6

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

"C'mon Lester,  wanna gimme that in English?" ;)

Oh, yeah, right. The satta fortis and the  ratta bum and the hantoun rantoun.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5