Best Acting Out of the Seven

chum981

Following on from another thread, I was thinking who was the best actor/actress out of the main MV six.I'd go for (in decreasing level of good acting):CrockettTubbsCastilloGinaTrudyStanLarry

Guest neworder

Yeah Larry was only in it for 2 and half seasons and never got a story for himself until the ep they kill him.I would rank them;CrockettCastilloTubbsStanLarryTrudyGinaTo be fair Gina is the only one in my eyes who has a serious problem with some acting although there are times when Trudy slips too.

My list is : 1. Castillo & Crockett 2. Tubbs 3. Stan 4. Gina 5. Trudy 6. Larry 7. I add..... Izzy ! :thumbsup:

Yeah Larry was only in it for 2 and half seasons and never got a story for himself until the ep they kill him.I would rank them;CrockettCastilloTubbsStanLarryTrudyGinaTo be fair Gina is the only one in my eyes who has a serious problem with some acting although there are times when Trudy slips too.

I agree with this list.

I know EJO got a Grammy and PMT didn't...But I think we see more emotions from Tubbs - he has more to do, and is in many different situations - loving, caring, fighting, despairing, joking, angry, sarcastic, honest.......Castillo is also emotional, but its seems like more of the same sort of acting with not as many extremes as Tubbs. That's why I think PMT does a better acting job.I think PMT could do Castillo better than EJO could do Tubbs.

As for Larry in Down For the Count Part 1, this was his chance to shine and put in an excellent, memorable performance. Although the episode was very good, his acting was lacking.

My list is : 1. Castillo & Crockett 2. Tubbs 3. Stan 4. Gina 5. Trudy 6. Larry 7. I add..... Izzy ! :thumbsup:

Don't forget Noogy! I pretty much agree on 1 and 2. I would say 3-6 would sometimes vary with the season and the episode. Even though the celebrity guest stars were not always Oscar worthy, it was fun to see them. The Visual quality of Vice was so good, the acting kinda took second place and didn't always matter that much.

i think dennis farrina deserves an honorary mention. i know he's not "one of the seven" but he was in 3 eps.

• Administrators
Just realised...Its 7' date=' not 6!But I can't change the thread title to 7?[/quote']I took care of it for you buddy! ;)Anyone wanting to change a title of a thread that they created can shoot me a PM and I will change it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm not an expert... And I think it depends a lot on a character. Some characters are just less intense than the others, but it doesn't mean that the actors portraying them are no good... I'd put DJ first, then EJO and PMT... Or maybe DJ and EJO, and then PMT... Damn, I'm at a loss already! :freeze: In fact, I liked all main characters, more or less... And Izzy was funny.Oh, and speaking of guest stars - I would add that evil Italian guy Gina got involved with in season 4. Does anyone remember his name? :confused: He really impressed me... Bruce Willis was also good as a bad guy, IMO.

To be fair Gina is the only one in my eyes who has a serious problem with some acting although there are times when Trudy slips too.

Neworder, could you please name a couple of episodes of Gina's (I mean Saundra's...) bad acting, according to your opinion? I'd like to develop my judgment... :radar:

• Administrators
...Oh' date=' and speaking of guest stars - I would add that evil Italian guy Gina got involved with in season 4. Does anyone remember his name? :confused: ...[/quote']Frank Mosca from Blood and RosesFrom our glossary. Click ---> hereEingefügtes Bild

And maybe I'm crazy... but it seems to me that he appeared some episodes before, in season 2 or 3, as a minor character... It was a story about abducting little children from some Latin country and selling them for adoption. That actor played a foster parent. Am I right? :confused:

Neworder' date=' could you please name a couple of episodes of Gina's (I mean Saundra's...) bad acting, according to your opinion? I'd like to develop my judgment... :radar:[/quote']I think Gina's acting was great. I'm not exactly a drama critic but I know what I like. :eek:

1. Crockett - Don Johnson puts the man into the realm of the great crime fiction characters, Raymond Burr as Perry Mason, Telly Sevalas as Kojak, David Suchet as Poirot, Maury Chaykin as Nero Wolfe and Timothy Hutton as his assistant Archie Goodwyn, Jack Webb as Joe Friday, Johnson is sadly a dying breed in these days of wimps and whiny losers.2. Castillo - Edward James Olmos, not much else needs to be said, the man is a legend, 'nuff said.3. Swaitek - Hilarious character, never dissapoints, especially since he follows the religion known as Elvis, one of my favorite characters.4. Rodriguez- just because he died in episode four doesn't mean he shouldn't make a list he was finely acted by Gregory Sierra, he was replaced by Castillo but it was still a heart stopping moment when you learn of his death.5. Gina - She has her moments, but most of the time the-go-to for hooker cases, still has her moments.6. Trudy - Pretty much the same as above, except she's mostly there to check files most of the time, was she a character who gets her moments of greatness or furniture who gets to breathe on her own at times?7. Zito - He was a good character, but it sucks he wasn't in the later episodes and got killed off in season three (which is where the show changed dramatically), but still, good character but I still place him last.

Thanks for the info, Timm525! :) And all others too...It looks rather stupid, IMO, when the same actor plays different characters in the same show... But I'm glad they found a good part for Stanley Tucci at last, he made a very interesting bad guy. :thumbsup: And his first brief role of a father could be played by anyone...

Don Johnson by far was the best actor - particularly as the show went on he became an accomplished actor . He had the lions share of the work - particularly as the show went on as the focus was more and more on Don and much less on the others.I mean when you watch "The Good Collar" you realize what a good actor Don was , he also developed quite quickly from Season 1-3 perhaps due to the meaty storylines that occured in 3.Don also went on to have the most successful career - Hollywood movies and , of course , Nash Bridges which ran for 5 years like MVMy Order 1/Crockett2/Tubbs3/Castillo4/Trudy5/Stan ( did so little )6/Larry( did so little ) 7/Gina ( did so little- episode upon episode appears in very few scenes)