RIP Vangelis

Dadrian

If you’re not a “Blade Runner” fan, you definitely know this composer’s work from “Chariots of Fire”. 

He’s basically the father of synthesizer music for film score, and one of the greatest ever IMO. 

RIP to a True Legend ;(

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-vangelis-obituary-idUSKCN2N51L8

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

• Administrators

I'm so sad to hear of this.  I became a fan of Vangelis through "Blade Runner" and that soundtrack led me to so much more of his music.   I had hoped he might have scored the sequel too.

Such a loss ;(   R.I.P.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I had hoped he might have scored the sequel too

Me, too, but I thought Hans Zimmer did as good a job as could be done trying to fill those shoes. I saw where the synth Hans used for the sequel sold for around $14K awhile back!

HZ is a legend as well—another of my favorites. His score for Rain Man will forever be a song in my heart. :fireworks:

• Like 5

BR soundtrack is another level of music. without trying to godify a man, that music puts the music onto another level. where it fits so perfectly with the situation that it becomes integral part of the image it accompanies. it is these moments you can say the movies or series wouldn't clearly be the same without that particular song. i'm talking of major cinematographic works

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

HZ is a legend as well—another of my favorites. His score for Rain Man will forever be a song in my heart. :fireworks:

Mine too!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

RIP Vangelis ... I really love his musics, specially "Blade Runner" ... I have several versions on his works.

Concerning Hans Zimmer, he is one of my favorite composer since the 90's ... And what could I say about the legendary John Williams !!

Anyway, Vangelis will stay in my heart and soul forever.

Edited by Kladdagh
  • Like 4