Early Version of The Good Collar in Secret Admirer (1985)

Sheisenburg

Basically I've been watching films that Jan Hammer provided the soundtrack for beside his work in Miami Vice and while watching "Secret Admirer" from 1985, there was this familiar-sounding track that I noticed in one of the scenes. So afterward, I decided to rip the track and remove the voices and other sound effects. This is the result and I'm fairly satisified with it considering that I'm still not a genius when it comes to this sort of thing. Anyways... Enjoy : )

• Like 6

@Sheisenburg I made a post about “common knowledge”, and my lack of understanding who all knows what. I’m glad you posted this. I hope it’s news to some of our Jan Hammer fans here. The Secret Admirer soundtrack is very much like Miami Vice. I’ve always loved it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sheisenburg said:

Basically I've been watching films that Jan Hammer provided the soundtrack for beside his work in Miami Vice

That's been on my To-Do list for 15 years. One of these days I'll get around to it!

Nice post.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

@Sheisenburg I made a post about “common knowledge”, and my lack of understanding who all knows what. I’m glad you posted this. I hope it’s news to some of our Jan Hammer fans here. The Secret Admirer soundtrack is very much like Miami Vice. I’ve always loved it. 

Well, you're welcome and to be honest, if the music from the film was ripped cleanly without the audio and posted on the internet as some unused/unreleased tracks from MV then some people would just buy it considering that it very much sounds like it belongs in the show. And I'm glad I decided to watch the Secret Admirer along with all the other films that Jan scored, because it was actually a pretty interesting experience hearing his music in another media besides MV.

• Like 2

I had no idea and now I really want to checkout this 1985 movie. I really liked the music used throughout “The Good Collar”, especially this, the intro scene music. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

• Like 2