Hello from Western Australia

Joe81

Greetings from a place where the sun sets into the sea through palm trees!  Even though I was born in 1981, I had never seen MV until about three months ago, I watched the first episode on youtube and immediately bought the Blu-Ray set and was *hooked*.  Within 2.5 months I had changed my number plates to ZAQ 178 and bought myself two pairs of screen-accurate loafers and Rayban Wayfarers.  :D  No turning back now!

As a person seeing MV for the first time all I can say is that it is Cool with a capital C.  The clothes, the cars, the music, the women, the bright happy colors, 80s mystique and iconography.  I finally recognize references to MV I had seen throughout my life in the 80s and 90s, playing Vice City in the mid 2000s etc.

I only got into it because I recently really got into the Synthwave/Synthpop genre of music through Spotify, and I noticed many artists of this genre make references (some very subtle, some not so subtle) to Miami Vice.  I have a public playlist on Spotify called 'Alternate 80s' if anyone wants to listen to some mad 80s driving tunes that are made in the present day.  Many of these musical artists don't just produce authentic 80s sounding tunes, they themselves live and embody the 80s lifestyles.

So far I have just finished watching the second episode of Season 3 (Stone's War), and the first episode with the Testarossa.  Far out it was sad to see the Daytona gone.  :(   I am sorry if my experiencing it all for the first time makes others envious.

I hope I can contribute to this community!

Edited by Joe81
slight change
  • Like 6