Have any of you been "Retrofied?"

Frey

While I was in Fla. last winter, I noticed a channel that puts TV Land ans Sleuth to shame. It's Called Retro Television Network (RTN) It has everything from Leave it to Beaver to Magnum, P.I. The only thing missing (so far) is Don Johnson. After Sleuth had dropped all the good programming, I wished that I had this channel. Well, I was brousing my guide earlier this week at about 10PM and noticed Rockford Files was on. So I put it on and when it went to a commercial break, lo and behold I now have RTN. While it isn't available in every market and not all programming is available at each station, it's growing very fast for a station that started in Arkansas two years ago. Here's their list of programs (and other info if you don't know if you have this channel or not):http://www.myretrotv.com/shows.html

Eingefügtes BildAw hael yeah.Actually, I noticed this last week while scrolling through programs, and already had Magnum and Rockford set to tape everyday. I don't believe this will be 24 hours, as Ch. 14 ("The Cat") previously switched between America One TV and whatever crap they had in the studio (mostly infomercials or material from other, even more obscure stations). From what I can tell, we'll only have it in the afternoons, provided The Cat plays what's scheduled (as far as back as 1997. when I started taping the various old movies and Son Of Ghoul, it's often been a crapshoot as to whether they'll play this or that or not).

I had forgotten there were so many futuristic space shows in the 80's, with really bad special effects at times.We have another digital network also, My TV. They show the original Star Trek on Sunday nights. I may have to get the DVD's. It looks awesome since they redid the color and sound. They were writing on these big clipboards with a stylus in one ep...just like the modern laptops.

Geez, what we have is actually pretty close to 24 hours. There's a few hours in the middle of the night for infomercials and then old movies, an hour or two in prime-time for local shows (no way would The Cat ditch Son Of Ghoul, he's still a popular draw around town), and the rest is pretty much RTN. Awesome. It's ridiculous how much of the programming consists of shows TV Land used to play in the mid-to-late-90's, when it was, you know, actually worth watching TV Land. All we need are some retromercials, now.I was watching it today (the first day it was available in our area), pretty cool. My only complaint is that our local affiliate is pretty low-power, so the signal isn't as crystal clear as, say, Sleuth, but man am I glad to have a lot of these shows on TV again. Even though I have most of the DVDs, it's so nice to see Magnum on TV again. Even Kojak, which I (gasp!) never even really liked. MV may be asking a bit too much, but Hunter and Quincy would be nice.Looks like every station switched things up today. Most notably (for me, at least), American Life TV moved their Sunday evening programs to four weeknights every week (that means four nights of Hill Street Blues!! YES!!!).Magnum, Rockford, MacGyver, Hill Street Blues, Law & Order/L&O: SVU, man, I finally got plenty to watch again! Oh, and Ellery Queen! I haven't seen that since like 1999, when TV Land played it in the afternoons! I loved Ellery Queen!

Ask and you shall receive! RTN does play retromercials! And, our affiliate is now going by that name, RTN, instead of The Cat, which it used for well over a decade. This is too cool!

I saw a Charmin retromerchial the other night. I don't have Hunter either, but they do have it as one of the available programs.