RIP Levec (Joe Turkel)

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Most of you will remember him as Eldon Tyrell in "Blade Runner"  or as Lloyd the bartender in "The Shining"   but he was also Levec in "Indian Wars"   

Joe died peacefully on June 27th in St. John's hospital with his sons by his side.  He was 94

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Hey guys, I didn’t see this posted so thought I’d make a thread. 
The superb actor Joe Turkel had passed away at 94. He passed this past Monday with only the news coming out in the last 24 hours. 

I absolutely loved his performance and I really wish he had survived for future appearances. As time has gone on, the episode Indian Wars has really grown on me and I think it’s one of the strongest in season 4. Never been a huge fan of John Petersen but his work on this episode is really really good and props to him aswell. 

RIP Mr Levec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m surprised more people have not posted. This is a great actor and it’s such a shame MV fans sleep on Indian Wars. The more I think about it, the more I need to go super deep and produce an analysis video on this guy. Man, Levec was soooo underused in MV, I love this guys style, it’s words. When he presented the dead Acosta to Castillo, what a scene. I love Indian Wars, RIP Joe  Turkel 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks for keeping us up to date ! Indian Wars was and still is far my fav ep. from Season 4 and loved him as Levec !  Great sunglasses as well, they fit greatly to a druglord's image. :) John Petersen's music also fits perfectly for the whole episode !!!

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 12:53 PM, Kalci said:

Thanks for keeping us up to date ! Indian Wars was and still is far my fav ep. from Season 4 and loved him as Levec !  Great sunglasses as well, they fit greatly to a druglord's image. :) John Petersen's music also fits perfectly for the whole episode !!!

I completely agree, Petersen’s music was on point for this episode. Some of his work I feel didn’t mesh so well with the vibe of the show but for this episode, he really nailed it. The episode itself it one of my favourites. It’s really grown on me and the only negative for me is there isn’t enough Crockett. 

Edited by Miami Beau
  • Like 2