RIP James Caan

Miami Beau

https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2022/jul/07/the-godfather-star-james-caan-dies-aged-82

Just found out the sad news of James Cann. Best known for his role in The Godfather, James also appeared in Michael Mann’s first ever movie “Thief”. It really is a classic and shows the true genius of Mann. Also starring Dennis Farina, John Santucci and Willie Nelson, highly recommend for all Miami Vice fans. RIP James. 

A50DF723-7DC9-4DDB-A1AC-CDFDAC5E6878.jpeg

Edited by Miami Beau
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

R.I.P Jimmy ;(

Best Thief 1981 Ending GIFs | Gfycat

He once spoke in an interview saying that his performance in "Thief" was the best of his career.

In the film commentary with Michael he also said that the café scene with Tuesday Weld was the best piece of acting he ever did. 

God bless.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

I’ve seen all his major films, but I have small kids, so I’ve seen Elf more than any of them. :) 

Legend, nonetheless. RIP :flowers:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

When I think of James Cann the first film that comes to my mind is the classic Thief. Absolutely brilliant performance. Also the film The Godfather.  His bloody death scene will always be remembered.  Thank you Sir for sharing your acting talents with us.  RIP.

I loved him in "The Godfather" but I loved the movie "Brian's Song"...Rest in Peace, James Cann!

yup except it's Caan , not Cann lol :) :p. this being said i discovered that actor with rollerball. which is for me one of the best movies ever made. and i have also to admit that i never came across thief. which makes me feel a little bit ashamed, regarding all the comments onto these forums. yep like the other one says, there are two things you can be sure in life. it's that you'll have to pay taxes, and that death will get you soon or later. RIP

• Miami Beau changed the title to RIP James Caan
15 hours ago, Gary1911A1 said:

More of Thief: 

The actor Stephen Tobolowsky was on a plane by chance with James and he said he loved his work and was expecting him to mention "The Godfather" but to James surprise he mentioned "Thief" and he said the ending was the coolest thing he ever saw on screen.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2