MV cast then & now, recent vid

S.FL84

I hope, UNLIKE the cast of MPI that someone does some kinda follow-up or final 2hr movie for MV.  I'd hate for it to just disappear from the public's memory written off a just another old show because MV did change everything & whose effects are STILL felt today.  Those 1st two seasons were as epic as TV ever has or ever will get IMO.  Pure electricity.  DJ, in those days ('84-'86) was about as close as anyone in my lifetime has gotten to Elvis Presley level of coolness. 

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 7

I think they also got john Diehl's age wrong (on one end or the other!)  According to the video, he was 24 in 1984 and 72 today.  Those two numbers don't work with the dates, LOL. 

According to IMDB, he was born in May 1950, making him 34 in 1984, a few months younger than DJ.  

• Like 2

MV was just sooo freakin' cool back then because it was what was really happening on the streets, like Glen Frey's SMUGGLER'S BLUES song says in it's lyrics.  Now in retrospect its just incredible how many freakin' BILLIONS of dollars were flowing into Miami WHILE MV WAS BEING FREAKIN' FILMED!!!  I mean jeez like Jon Roberts said "there soo many banks popping up everywhere in Miam in the early 80's its crazy".  I love Alex Daoud being Mayor knowing it cocaine that was generating the river of untaxed income that was driving it all...while he postured in was all legit.  This is what MV was centered on.  An amazing 'living a lifetime every minute' time to be alive.  So glad I was. 

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 3

A fairly up to date Don Johnson  in Cold In July! He took a great part in that, looked his age but sort of attractive with it! Watched it for the second time last night and can highly recommend it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S.FL84 said:

MV was just sooo freakin' cool back then because it was what was really happening on the streets, like Glen Frey's SMUGGLER'S BLUES song says in it's lyrics.  Now in retrospect its just incredible how many freakin' BILLIONS of dollars were flowing into Miami WHILE MV WAS BEING FREAKIN' FILMED!!!  I mean jeez like Jon Roberts said "there soo many banks popping up everywhere in Miam in the early 80's its crazy".  I love Alex Daoud being Mayor knowing it cocaine that was generating the river of untaxed income that was driving it all...while he postured in was all legit.  This is what MV was centered on.  An amazing 'living a lifetime every minute' time to be alive.  So glad I was. 

A HS buddy ended up being transferred to Miami for a few weeks in 1983. He worked as an auditor for banks. He told a story about a 70's station wagon and a van pulling up to a bank he was doing an audit at. About 200 boxes arrived, all in baseball card collector style boxes, his older brother was an avid collector. 4 guys emerged from the station wagon and 1 by 1 they carried the boxes in from the van. 

The men stacked the boxes in the small conference room he was in working on the audit. No guards, no security no nobody. The manager briefly talked to one of the men, he then walked over to the stack and on one of the boxes he wrote $4,000,000- and then went back to the audit with my friend. My buddy asked if these were full of money and if they were safe, the manager looked up and told him, "Nobody in their right mind would touch one of those boxes". Then they carried on with the audit. And a couple of weeks later happy to back in So-Cal.

Edited by king77