Lt Uhura has passed.

Vicefan7777

A sad day for us Star Trek fans as Nichelle Nichols has passed away at age 89.  She was a true icon and pioneer in television.  Being a black woman and playing a leading role on the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise.  RIP lovely lady. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

• Administrators

Only Kirk, Chekov and Sulu are left of the main cast now  ;(

...and all those dudes and dudettes who got killed all the time being the fourth or fifth crewman who beams down to the planet with Kirk-Spock-Bones.
Ms Nichols was one of those actresses that had me fooled----I never considered her attractive or sexy when I was watching the show as a kid (cuz that's why they call us "kids"--cuz we're blind and dumb as a goat in our youth)----but found her delicious and strong as a female example-setter once I matured (even in that ridiculous sexist go-go girl diaper Roddenberry had all the female cast wearing in that show!)

I never knew about the Martin Luther King encounter she had, that changed her mind about leaving the show.  Wow, life is always such learning school.