Ray Ban's today

Guest neworder

Guest neworder

Kinda Vice related but more off topic than Vice.I'm getting increasingly annoyed with seeing people wearing Ray Ban's even though they look super cool in Vice...why?Well everyone's buying them in stupid colours, red Ray Ban's, white Ray Ban's etc, actually lets correct myself here, they are fake Ray Ban's and they are look a likes. They look god awful and I get more and more angry everytime i see them. They look ****, they are un-cool and its an insult to Vice.Anyone else seen this sudden increase in **** Ray Ban look-a likes?

Well, I haven't seen a sudden increase in sightings of fake ones. I've seen fakes for quite some time actually. I heard that it is the very most copied style of sunglasses. I wear original wayfarer raybans, not copies. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Mine will forever be either Black or Tortoise frames!

I think only the kids today are wearing them. They are sold at Urban Outfitters and Forever 21. It is said imitation is the best compliment. They are a nice change from the goggle glasses that make you look like you're granny, lol! :)

Well' date=' I haven't seen a sudden increase in sightings of fake ones. I've seen fakes for quite some time actually. I heard that it is the very most copied style of sunglasses. I wear original wayfarer raybans, not copies. :thumbsup:[/quote']Right!!:clap:

I just bought a pair of Ray Bans last weekend. I was looking at the Maui Jim Stingrays. (Of course) but $208.00 or something like that is just a little much for a guy who tends to leave them at a restaurant or slam them in the hood of his car after checking the oil. So I went for the slightly less expensive Ray Ban P's (For polarised, not pfake).So far I like them...they kinda have that Michael Weston Burn Notice look. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are the real thing...had them about 12 years, my fourth pair...http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1843/dsci0315f.jpgEingefügtes Bild

I rarely see colour framed Wayfarers here, people tend to use black and tortoise. So far I've seen:red :eek: nothing in this world would make me wear them: they were originals and so ugly that they looked fake. pink: mostly teenagers wear them I think because they're copying Paris Hilton.Honestly if they decide to make frames in green (the same green of the Aviators polarized lenses) I could think about buying a pair.

I need to get a new pair and put prescription lenses in them . You can get the Rayban green in then now. Also would like to have a pair of Clubmasters (wire frame on bottom.) like Bruce Willis wore in "Moonlighting." They look good with Fedoras.You have to order them online, most places don't stock them.I had the larger wayfarers in the 80's, but seemed too large for my face. I had more hair then, like end of S# Crockett, so I got by with it.My only complaint about the newer ones with the logo on the side. heck, when I pay over a 100 bucks for them, I know they are the real thing...:clap:

• 1 year later...

Earlier this year I bought myself a pair of black Wayfarers, and I have just got myself a pair of Tortoise shell ones, I love 'em they look great!! :D

I leave my $300 Oakleys sitting on the shelf for my used vintage 80's Ray Ban Wayfarers that only cost me a hundred bucks. Love those Wayfarers. My sisters dog used them for a chew toy for about 3 seconds though, so I'll have to replace them; tooth marks take away the shine. They're the B&L 5024 L2009 (Black 24mm bridge) model. They look bad ass just sitting on the shelf. No glasses look cooler. They're the image of Rock and Roll. Look at Maynards picture. He looks like a rock star. If you don't have 'em, get 'em.

I got my wayfarer shades in black frames, and wayfarer reading glasses in tortoise shell frames. Why limit my options? :cool:and oh yeah, good point neworder. That's been bugging me too. Can't stand those colored frames, it's like they're everywhere now.