...And then it happened to Anne Heche.

Augusta

Didn't I just say it a few days ago?  Days after Roger Mosley lost his life in his car incident.  The Hollywood lifestyle just doesn't hold well to cars and driving, for so many performers.  It's not logical for it to be this way (just because you're rich and a celebrity doesn't mean you can't get near a car---that wouldn't make sense, and lots of famous celebs own tons of cool cars!).  But the string of losses by car or by driving with these stars through history has been outright gruesome.  

I don't put celebrities and performers on pedestals, and I don't care about their personal choses of lifestyle--it's theirs to privately live.  But if the early reports on the crash details are correct, that was about the most awful way for a Anne Heche to drop her life, that I've read of since poor Jayne Mansfield and her driver all those decades ago.
You're conscious after the impact, you're too weak to get yourself out, others start to help you, but fire gradually quickly pushes them off from helping you,... and you start to burn to death in a little car and continue burning 20 minutes or so before fire people can extinguish and remove you to.., to what?   ;(

This doesn't seem to be related to celebrity or that lifestyle at all, honestly. If the latest reports are correct, she suffered a variety of aneurysm while driving. And I wouldn't forget the other people impacted by this. At least one family lost their home.

• Like 2

According to police and coroner she had cocaine, fentanyl in her blood when she crashed with 90 mph into a house. Minutes before she caused a parking damage and the surveillance pics showed that she seemed heavily illuminated and had a bottle of vodka next to her. 
She sadly had a long history of alcohol /substance abuse/mental illness. RIP, but this was neither an ordinary car accident nor force majeure.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom said:

According to police and coroner she had cocaine, fentanyl in her blood when she crashed with 90 mph into a house. Minutes before she caused a parking damage and the surveillance pics showed that she seemed heavily illuminated and had a bottle of vodka next to her. 
She sadly had a long history of alcohol /substance abuse/mental illness. RIP, but this was neither an ordinary car accident nor force majeure.

I was working off an earlier NPR story, which didn't mention any of the things you highlight. While what happened to her is sad, it's always to me even more tragic when others (ordinary people, if you will) are hurt by their actions. It's rare the others are remembered or mentioned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

I was working off an earlier NPR story, which didn't mention any of the things you highlight. While what happened to her is sad, it's always to me even more tragic when others (ordinary people, if you will) are hurt by their actions. It's rare the others are remembered or mentioned.

Vince Neil [cough cough].  Regardless, rest well Anne.  She was in several movies I enjoyed in the 90s.  "Donnie Brasco" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" to name a couple.

• Like 1