Could you name this car?

Paul Veres

Does anybody recognize this car?

I would be inclined to say it's BMW E30, but the Hofmeister kink (shape of the C pillar bottom) and the way the trunk slides down makes it something else. 

There is a small chance that this is an artist's play on something and the car is not real, but wonder if some local car buff could just recognize it.

Thanks!

2022-08-13_202215.png

Of course I can ! This is a BMW 6 Series and the chassis code of this car is E24. This was used also in Vice a couple of times.

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 2

The B-pillar is sloped differently, and the back of the rear side window is curved differently.  It also has different door handles and rub strip along the doors.  It does seem to be an artist’s interpretation… and a very close one at that.

Chassis code is the important info. It could be a 628 or a 635 as well. All these e24 s had inline 6 engines. There was a high performance M version of them named  M6 which is the rarest and most expensive of course. But that had a more agressive looking front and rear bumpers and spoilers on the sides as well. 

Here it is. Arzola hit by a custom BMW 6series E24 cabriolet. There is an M badge on the grill which indicates at least it was an M package version. And as far as I know in the states only the 635CSI and M635CSI (later M6) was available to purchase.  This is a custom droptop car. BMW never offered a cabriolet of the e24, so there were companies specialized turning coupes into cabriolets.

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking at the scene again no way that oncoming car would have killed him on impact. Hit's his legs first and he falls back and rolls onto the road.

At the most he has a broken leg and rib.

Edited by RedDragon86

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Looking at the scene again no way that oncoming car would have killed him on impact. Hit's his legs first and he falls back and rolls onto the road.

At the most he has a broken leg and rib.

Idk. He looked pretty fragile. :) 

I don't know if the US version was officially M6. We never had that model in Europe.

The top model was called M635 CSi, 286 hp.

I've driven that very model back in the day. It was very fast by the standards back then.