Hello from Sacramento, CA!

FURRYBAIT

Hi, my name is A.J., and I'm a 23-year old fan of Miami Vice who currently resides in Sacramento, CA. I'm posting this thread to explain my background as a Miami Vice fan, why I joined this community, and the origins of my username

For why I got into the show, I need to explain the influences that led me to it. Back in late 2012, which was during my time in the 8th grade, GTA: Vice City was released on iPhones and Androids. I was able to get the game on my dad's iPad (which he allowed me to play on), and I was so intrigued by the game's pastel colors, the various licensed music, the gameplay, and the voice actors. Once I researched into the game, I learned that the key influences for Vice City were the movie Scarface and of course Miami Vice. Due to these influences, I watched Scarface in 2016 via Netflix, and I watched the first episode of Miami Vice when it was on Hulu back in 2018 (I was 19 at the time). However, for some reason the dialogue bored me and the show didn't really attract my attention. So I gave up on the show. However, in 2021, I decided to get a copy of Vice City on my Xbox 360 (it was the Xbox original version from 2003) so I can experience the full soundtrack. I purchased that copy because the 2012 version I played lacked songs from Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, and Ozzy Osbourne due to licensing issues. Memories of playing that game led me to give Miami Vice another chance. So, during this summer, I purchased the Blu-Ray set of MV off of Amazon, and I actually enjoyed the show on my 2nd viewing. I felt for those characters (especially for Crocket during S4), I was introduced to so much music (including Peter Gabriel, Randy Newman, Iggy Pop, and more), I was inspired by the pastel clothes (to the point where I plan to cosplay as Crocket for Sacanime, an anime convention coming next month), and I was surprised by the guest stars (including James Brown, Ian McShane, etc.). The show left a huge impact on me, to the point where I'm currently re-watching my favorite episodes from the various seasons. It was also nice to get into the show because it allows me to bond with my dad who used to watch the show in the 80s (though he forgot about what happened in those episodes). Last thing I want to mention about this show is that I showed 2 episodes, "Definitely Miami" and "Little Miss Dangerous", to a friend who is the same age as me and never saw the show. He actually liked it. So I plan to spread this show to others (most likely young adults or kids/teens) who never heard of it.

I joined this forum because I want to discuss the show to like-minded fans who really appreciate it and I also would like to know more trivia of said show. It also helped that I was lurking in this forum for the past few weeks, and seeing the passion put into these threads also made me want to join.

Now, you may be wondering why my username is FURRYBAIT. Well, there are two reasons. One, I have a HUGE interest in pop culture featuring anthropomorphic animals. Pop culture featuring these kinds of characters include Star FoxSly CooperBeastarsBNAThe Boy and the Beast, and The Bad Guys. The presence of those characters influenced me into watching/playing these media. Two, I play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate competitively, and my main is Wolf O'Donnell from the Star Fox games (remember Smash Bros. is a crossover featuring various video game characters). I played as Wolf due to his anthro design, and I will keep playing him no matter what. You can already see him in my profile pic, but if you want to see a fuller picture of Wolf, I'll upload a picture of him here. One last thing I want to mention about my username: It's also my gamertag.

Overall, I'm glad that I joined this Miami Vice forum and I hope I can bond with you all over our shared interest in this classic T.V. series.

Also, below is the full picture of Wolf O'Donnell that I promised I show you all.

771860073_Wolf_ODonnell_(character).png.db1c9b79f1f1bdce56e2bdde260bb556.png

• Like 3

• Administrators

Welcome back to the 80’s (even though you weren’t there way back then) :p 

If you’re looking for info, trivia and intelligent discussion about the show, you’ve come to the right place!    Many have called this site/forum the friendliest site on the internet. There are no wrong questions and someone will always have the answer!  

If you love Jan Hammer’s music don’t forget to check out Dadrian’s covers in the “free” downloads section.  

That about covers it!  Enjoy the site and just give a shout if you need any help! 

• Like 2