1985 Jan Hammer “Mix Magazine”

Dadrian

Not too long ago I stumbled across a magazine for sell containing a September 1985 interview with Jan Hammer about his MV recording studio, but it sold before I could get a minute to click “buy”. 

This article is not scanned or uploaded anywhere on the internet—even Jan’s website!

Hopefully, this interview would shine some new insight for me on his recording gear/process(es), which is a subject that is only briefly spoken about in other MV-era interviews. He talks more about his synths in the Keyboard Magazine interviews (of course). 

Anyway, I’ve been searching for a copy diligently ever since, but apparently these “Mix” magazines from the 80s are pretty rare. 

I found a copy (in a lot of 10 other 80s issues) on eBay yesterday, and quickly snagged it!

As soon as it arrives, I’ll try to upload scans here, and share them with Jan, as well, in case he wants to add it to his other published articles on his website. 

Stay tuned…

97013DA3-0D09-4342-B210-A4C3B60C479D.jpeg

• Like 3