Crockett Screen-Used Badge?

Dadrian

23 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

How would they know it was actually DJ’s (and not another cast member’s):

Good question.

Sure, it has the name, "SONNY" professionally engraved (wink-wink) on the back, but...my disbelief is not suspended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

What if it’s the real badge and we’re all scoffing :) 

You may be right, but until it can be verified for certain, this is what it looks like:

image.thumb.png.94c9cf23b7d433f4c754239e126af3d3.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

u8cp9gwsw8361.jpg?width=1334&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=19840de57f5a5c2cafa9281ffc6da79784cbce1a

I don't think it's the same, FLA is not at the bottom?

If this was real it should be worth thousands. 

Below is another one registered as screen used claiming to be a Crockett badge that sold for just over $900.00 9 years ago. 

Did some research and supposedly they used multiple ones and with and without the FLA, so who knows who wore what and when. The above picture is for sure a screen used prop, but by whom was my question a couple of years ago when it sold, it went for $80.00, that was about 2 years ago, so it was probably one of many used on the show.

I bought one of the Nash bridges screen used watches at the auction from the production, it had a badly damaged bracelet which I have replaced as I wear it from time to time.

I can't say about how many badges they used in Miami Vice but in regards to Nash Bridges there were at least 20 badge #22 at the auction when the show ended in 2001. I was on the hunt for a particular one, but was told that badge was tossed after the episode as they had no need for one with a bullet indentation in it any more. To me that was the only one that could be tied to the show and DJ. They also couldn't say 100% if all the badges were really used on screen by DJ, just that they were prop badges for sale.

There is a real good chance it was with the production, but a Crockett screen used badge without proper photo matched proof down to the last scratch or scuff I would pass.

image.jpeg.18e56579d933cb85f8a8ef44e30918b7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi y'all!

I actually purchased this in question badge on the eBay auction. ( I offered $175.00 and the seller accepted ).

I'm a HUGE Miami Vice fan since watching the show as it originally aired in the 80's.

I realize that sometimes it takes a small leap of faith but then again sometimes things are what they really are...

I tried to think logically though also as to it's possible authenticity and we will never know for sure but can anyone please possibly give any positive points this badge might have going for it in terms of it it possibly being authentic? Anything that might lend credit to it's authenticity such as the etchings on the back, etc.? Surely someone who was in charge of the prop at the time would be able to know whether this was their identifying marks..?

Thanks!