The grandchild trick

Christine

The grandchild trick
Yesterday someone actually tried the new kind of grandson trick on me ... and failed.
I got a WhatsApp message in which supposedly one of my children wrote that the phone had unfortunately broken, so he had to use this old one and had a new number.
That had already happened once, I asked which of my children it was.
The person replied: "The oldest.
What struck me, in Germany we have umlauts, with which this word usually begins in German. Here it was omitted and replaced by the normal A. 
We still wrote back and forth a bit and the person complained about losing all the photos and other data on the phone, but then got down to business and asked if I could pay her (my oldest child is female, after all) a bill, since she was a little tight right now.
Even at that moment I have not quite switched and agreed.
The person then gave me account details and asked me to take a photo once I had made the transfer online,
That was funny to me. I asked them to give me fifteen minutes. Then I dialed the number, but heard only static, but immediately got an answer. Whether I had tried to call them.
I said yes. Question: "Why?"
I said I would like to talk to her first with such a large sum (2495 euros),
They then actually pretended to call me back to clear up my doubts, but there was only static on the line.
I then dialed my daughter's normal number. But she didn't answer. Since that doesn't always mean anything with her, I called her significant other and found out what I had already thought: my daughter hadn't called me.
I then put off the wrong daughter until today, because in Germany, the Kripo apparently only works from 8-17 o'clock. I will go there in a moment.
I don't think that these guys will be caught, but they should be reported to the police.
Crime writers can't be fooled so easily.:dance2:

• Confused 1

I had also only ever heard or read things about it, but you always think that you could never be affected yourself. It was a strange feeling to suddenly be part of a crime story. Frankly, I prefer to write them.:)
The detective I spoke to today said quite clearly that my reaction of calling my daughter was the best thing I could do. 
These gangs are very sophisticated. She said they put up ads offering jobs. If someone reports, they get them to open an account (for the salary) that they can access. 
That would seem strange to me, because there is no way my boss would get access to my account.
These gangs then have their victims deposit the money into this account to move it abroad once the victim has sent them the photo of the real-time transfer. And there goes your money!
But not mine!:dance2: