Reboot Miami Vice

Diego

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Hopefully not :) 

Yeah, it´s all in this press picture below released a few years ago when that topic came up to see the problem. https://news.sky.com/story/vin-diesel-to-produce-miami-vice-tv-show-reboot-10972205

The journalist who compiled this three-part pic had an eye and a feel for a sarcastic details: the BTS pics of DJ and PMT are from arriving at location for filming "Amen....send money" and that´s probably Vin´s motto on the MV reboot as well :)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 13.16.19.png

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Twin Peaks: The Return was exceptional. 

I still need to watch that!

As far as reboots, or whatever you want to call it, I do enjoy Cobra Kai.  Sure, it's ridiculous, but very entertaining.

Also, a bit off topic, but Clarence Gilyard Jr. passed away at 66 years old.  My early teen self loved watching him and Chuck kickin' butt on Walker: Texas Ranger.  RIP "Trivette".

• Like 1

I would only like it if it had the power to make Miami Vice to be regarded as something beyond its time by most (new) fans, something that Star Trek reached beautifully in part by having lots of great movies and spin-off TV shows. Miami Vice 2006 already did something about that, but a lot more would be needed. Anyway, I really doubt this project would reach something of that sort. Might end up making new viewers wish MV had no life after 2006. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Vin Diesel is absolutely the wrong guy to try to reboot this.  In my opinion he is more style over substance.  I give you the Triple X, Fast and Furious, and Riddick franchises as evidence (although I do enjoy the Riddick movies for what they are).  The beauty of Miami Vice is that it was a rare combination of style AND substance.  It didn't just look good but was also thought provoking.  Frankly, I don't think it is possible to bring it back as a TV show today and do justice to the original.  I have no interest in seeing a present day iteration of MV, and a show set in the 80's would not be economically feasible.  To be honest, I think the best bet moving forward would be to create a series of video games using the original actors as the voice talent.  The cutscenes on the newest platforms are extremely realistic.  They could essentially serve as entirely new episodes of the original show.  I'm dreaming I know but I think it would be better than Vin Diesel's alternative!

• Like 4