Funny little thing I found out about the testarossa's paint color

Kavinsky

Thought this might be abit funny, and sorry for being gone for so long, as I just, I over focus on something, burn out and come back, its just how my mind works

but in the meantime I have been watching the knight rider historians and their youtube channel right, as I like firebirds, probably in no small part to smokey and the bandit, knight rider and the image those cars had, plus I always loved how the pontiac division always embarassed the chevy boys and always put them on the backfoot back in the 70's, and they not only found the truck, but the trailer they used for the show too,

and at the same time this is going on, theirs this guy who was on Jay Leno's Headlines, the kinda guy Crockett would bust and put against the window of the TR for 20 Keys of Coke and alot of cash, like real slimey looking cat

and I remember this, and this guy from watching jay leno just for the headline segment, all the way back in 2004, he got busted and jay leno made him famous nation wide for bouncing a check and he could never figure it out lol

like I wondered why when he started showing up on Vinwiki I hated him on sight and couldnt place him,

and unfortunately the guy owns a car company group called Currated that sources cars for people in the south miami region and was friends with the swapmeet guy, who after he passed sold him the frigging car

needless to say my instant reaction was you gotta be F'ing kidding me

now at the same time this is going on, now he says he knows the guy who painted the car for NBC, never actually meets or shows the guy, like gee thanks, and I'm looking at the photos he has posted on the website, like huh, I wondered why I had a love hate relationship with the color of the thing, it turns out its not white, its cream, something that ironically a guy video bob mosely was friends with, actually got right on his replica

Untitledhhdc.jpg.7670bab676ce27632b65d2820f28b05e.jpg

Creme Left, Straight white right, the videobob mosely car

and now the actual TR

PHOTO-2021-06-24-11-14-501-1.thumb.jpg.206c955bb64323eed970936df358a572.jpg

PHOTO-2021-06-24-11-14-521-1.thumb.jpg.1d9a0a7dacb075db3752cbd633ec3038.jpg

PHOTO-2021-06-24-11-14-48.thumb.jpg.7e6fc5c15cb98da587197c395a098298.jpg

and at the same time, the Knight rider historians start sanding back the paint of the trailer, now in the first 10 episodes of the show, it was painted you guessed it, Cream

and they sand it back, and I screen capped it and put it back to back at 19:05

330812461_Untitledaj11.thumb.jpg.21760619ab4b05f3cec0052fbb90de61.jpg

and it matches, like they must have used the same guy and the same paint on the TR, as when you watch knight rider, especially in the later seasons, General Gologo shows up, they have the same set and everything from where the daytona gets it, they filmed part of it out in cali, and I see a speedboat in the background that looks rather familiar, hell they even had a convertible firebird show up in the second season, which I half wonder was the convertible Kitt with a quick paint or body change done it it

so I think they painted the damn thing the same color as the trailer, maybe with the same guy, and even the same paint, as its not straight cocaine white like everyone thinks it is,

also ironically I have a rare model of the Vice Testarossa that I found, Eidolon made a rare like one of 200 of them and I found one online from, well it has a rather sad story, the woman was happy it was going to a vice fan when I explained to her what it was, and of course I had just bought a bunch of stuff, THEN it shows up when I had expended my money for the month

and she was happy it went to a good home, but I thought the stance was abit off like it was sitting abit too low, after seeing currated's photos on it its actually accurate to the car, including the paint

which kinda leads me to believe they modified the suspension too, which he naturally didnt cover in his video on it too

yeah not a fan of that guy in the slightest, even still lol like no interview with the painter, no photos, no nada, not even anything cool like some photos of it coming off the boat from italy and heading up into the hills for the Cali photo shoot for the Vice 86 calendar

sad part is I KNOW THERES Photos of it before and during its painting, I found them online years ago from the guy but didnt think to save it from the old geocities days

really kicking myself about that one I'll tell you that much, nearly as much as not saving the photos from the guy who owned the Cuda the nash bridges cuda was based on.

which ironically the writers of the show used as well

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 6

On 12/3/2022 at 7:34 PM, Mvice8489 said:

Welcome back Kavinsky!

yup thank you, and I wish I could say the auction for something vice related went my way today but however it didnt lol like great where am I gonna find another one of those lol

oh well, but still........ I stayed up all night to make sure I didnt miss the auction and in the last 7 minutes after everyone else is out and it looks like I'm gonna get the thing for a fair price, and someone else bids me out, and not by a little bit neither, I thought the guy was doing it in increments of 50s or 5's, nope damn near 400 dollars more

I would say how I feel about them but for all I know it probably about a week they might show up here, although I'm kinda hoping he flakes out and i get a call that I did get the thing for what I was going to get it for

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1