Happy Birthday, Glades!

Tony D.

Thank you very much for your dear birthday wishes! I spent a nice evening with my family with a very tasty meal.

Out there is a winter as you imagine it at Christmas. Snow, cold and sun. The cottage is in the garden of our neighbor. Hopefully it will stay like this for a while.
Unfortunately, it almost always gets really "warm" again right before Christmas. So about +5°C (40°Fahrenheit) :).IMG_5630.thumb.jpg.e547e6a218f5423b84465ba4ff75736d.jpg

Edited by Glades
  • Like 6

On 12/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, RedDragon86 said:

palm-trees.thumb.jpg.ed1382983b18ebfb4b235ad7d0c5a567.jpg

Have a great day! :cake::balloon::gift::cheers:

After Christmas, a vacation in the Caribbean would of course be great!

Edited by Glades
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

A bit late to the party, but happy birthday, Glades! I guess you could consider my Larry story an early present if you like...:)

Thank you, I am honored! Larry's thoughts. That was such an important episode for the show. After that, nothing was the same.

• 1 month later...

Just a little update concerning my hope for  white Christmas: it happened what every year happens. Around Christmas we actually don´t need a wheather forecast :);( It´s just the same every year. In the middle of December it is really cold and often there is snow. Between December 19 and 23 it begins to warm and it starts to rain. The snow melts and white Christmas remains an unfulfilled dream. After Christmas, the sun is shinig, it gets colder and eventually it snows. This year this was quite late, last weekend.

December 17th expecting white Christmas:

December-17th.thumb.jpg.fab42ae2db4419bbaf7eb349efeefc65.jpg

December 22th in the morning, some hope is left:

December-22th-a.m..thumb.jpg.fa56dcb3f718e37215e35748d3ee6f69.jpg

Evening the same day - gone:

December-22th-p.m.thumb.jpg.41e85e943e96ccfa3247c22141915c9d.jpg

January 21th:

January-21th.thumb.jpg.58129e2d23e6334af07516b1f43e0ae1.jpg

January-22th.thumb.jpg.bb720cabdb6ec2483bf34081db3957e9.jpg

So now I will enjoy the beautiful winter :happy:

Edited by Glades
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

You wrote that 40 degrees F. is warm?  Not in Florida.

I know :).

But I´m a real winter girl as you maybe can imagine because of my profile foto. I need at least some weeks every year where it is the whole day under 0°C (32°F). Otherwise I get depressed. But I also love summer and heat and the south. Would like to visit Florida some day.

• Like 2

Great photos.

California has had terrible wet weather this winter with floods. Florida also has had cool snaps of 40 degrees F.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt5 said:

California has had terrible wet weather this winter with floods

I hope you don't have any problems with the floods?

4 hours ago, Tony D. said:

It's been in the 40's & 50's last few days here in Florida. I prefer the summer heat! 

Same with me. Outside temperatures just above 32°F to 50°F are just uncomfortable, damp and cold. Below 32°F it's a dry cold, which is much more pleasant, nice and fresh, and because of the snow and ice you can have a lot of fun outside.

• Like 1