Don Johnson Recent Interview

king77

Great interview, althought would have been good to read a little about Hot Spot and about Guilty as Sin too :) I like  and liked those two likewise. Anyway thank you for sharing. Otherwise I wouldn't have found it !

Good interview but one memory of Don is certainly blurred. NBC did not consider a sixth season of MV. They did not ask DJ for more episodes. In fact they wanted to cut 5th season down to 13 episodes. And 100 episodes was the magic mark to reach for syndication to recoup costs. 

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Good interview but one memory of Don is certainly blurred. NBC did not consider a sixth season of MV. They did not ask DJ for more episodes. In fact they wanted to cut 5th season down to 13 episodes. And 100 episodes was the magic mark to reach for syndication to recoup costs. 

That´s  a statement of Micheal Mann to this topic (an elephant-interview from 1994 which is also on the Koch-bluray, disc 1):

"Miami Vice five years was good. I mean, the network would have gone six years if we wanted to. I didn´t want to and Don didn´t want to. Five years was enough."

Are the memory of both, Mann and DJ, blurred?

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Glades:

That´s  a statement of Micheal Mann to this topic (an elephant-interview from 1994 which is also on the Koch-bluray, disc 1):

"Miami Vice five years was good. I mean, the network would have gone six years if we wanted to. I didn´t want to and Don didn´t want to. Five years was enough."

Are the memory of both, Mann and DJ, blurred?

No contradiction here. DJ and Mann had to convince Universal in summer 88 to approve 22 episodes of 5th season instead of 13 as the network wanted to do only to reach 100 episodes for syndication as ratings dropped whereas episode budgets rocketed. You have to read carefully "...if we wanted to..." means  the network did not intend to. and that´s exactly what I said. NBC did not plan to do a 6th season and neither did MM and DJ. 

Edited by Tom

On 12/16/2022 at 11:51 AM, king77 said:

I got an email yesterday and was going to share a snippet from the interview I was sent, then this popped up this morning

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/don-johnson-best-movies-tv-shows-roles-interview-160055562.html

Great interview, including about his other work, thanks for sharing. 

• 4 months later...

003.jpg.e955e1348371aaa7d7b77a4b3df6c9cc.jpg

This  happens to me with a lot of TV series. If you miss it and they now are in S4 or whatever you have to start watching from the beginning to know what's happening and it's 'like hell to no'. I 've missed some good stuff because of that.