Hi from Portugal

Gangrel

I used to live in the UK but now I have moved to Portugal, I am a fan of 80s fashions and the Music and I was lucky enough to have lived my youth through the 80s so I wore most of them lol, I have been a huge Bond fan all my life but these days I look more like Oddjob.

Magnum PI, Cover Up and Miami Vice were 3 of my favourite TV Shows.

The climate here is perfect for good Sunglasses (they are a must if you value your long term sight) T Shirts with over shirts or Jackets, Hawaiian shirts, Shorts (short shorts too) Linen and  Seersucker clothes but Wool or Tweed is out for me due to the heat so most of my Bond stuff stays in the wardrobe.

I do a bit of Weight training again these days after a 5 year absence from it and being the size I am it is not easy to get the clothes that I really want.

I do not aim to dress like the guys from Vice but I love colour and wear it my own way as I did in the 1980s clubbing. Padded shoulders are out these days as I would look like an American Football player, lol.

I personally dislike these skinny fit modern fashions, they look ill fitting, like the clothing has shrunk lol and as I was taught from an early age how a gents clothes should fit when made to measure for you and this style has stood the test of time, these modern styles look odd to me.

I have owned a few made to measure suits myself through life but any suit or jacket and trousers combo (provided you get a tailor to get the sleeves and the trouser legs the correct size) is better than the slovenly tracksuits with trainers that I see most wearing at all leisure times these days when Parents seem to dress like their children. In very hot weather shorts and t shirts are best left for the beach, I do wear shorts myself from time to time on very hot days but I try to dress up my shorts with an Hawaiian shirt when I wear them.

Anyway this is just my view and enough about me and after all that I said,  everyone should wear whatever makes them happy, I do.

Edited by Gangrel
mistake in spelling
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Welcome ! :) ( 2month later I arrived :D )

Anyway I have seen you are located in Algavre, Portugal where this weekend the first Moto GP race of the year going to be held ! I wish I would be living so close to a race track :)

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 1

Hi Kalci thanks for the welcome, yes The Portimao Autodromo is about 20 mins drive or so from me here in Alvor and it is a great track as I have been to see some lower Formula Car racing there in the past.

I was going to see the F1 GP but the dumb Covid restrictions that were enforced cut the crowd size so all the cheaper tickets were cancelled. I do not really know much about the Moto GP so I am not going to that event but I am sure that it will be a huge success and a great Race. I should really show more interest in all the events there as you say we are so lucky to have it on our doorstep. 

We moved here to the Algarve around 14 years ago from the UK and it was the best thing we ever did, the climate is fantastic and the people are too

• Like 2