RIP Jeff Beck

Dadrian

• Administrators

His "Wired" album will always be my favorite.   That and his collaborations with Jan Hammer, both on "Wired" and with Jan's group, are excellent!   Definitely among, if not THE best, guitar players in the world.  

R.I.P. :cheers:

• Like 1

Very sad news , such a talented guitarist, I loved watching him and hearing him play. A good friend of Jan Hammer and frequent collaborator. Jan Hammer played with Jeff Beck at the Holllywood Bowl in 2016. Jeff also promoted JHs 2018 album “Seasons” Pt.1 on his social media saying it was great work. Rip.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

From 1980. Written by Jan Hammer, performed by Jeff Beck with JH on keyboards and drums. Jan would go on to record this himself on his own fine “Snapshots” album in 1989. 

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Wow @Matt5! I forgot all about this! The 1989 version is one of JH favorites! This incredible, too! Thanks so much for sharing here—perfect! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

There is a star studded tribute to Jeff Beck in London from Eric Clapton and Friends at the Royal Albert Hall venue I read in May organised by Eric Clapton and Johnny Depp with both Clapton and Depp performing with the Hollywood Vampires and Rod Stewart — no mention of Jan yet.

https://whereseric.com/eric-clapton-news/303-ronnie-wood-joe-perry-added-to-tribute-to-jeff-beck/

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/jeff-beck-tribute-concerts/

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1