Favorite Scene of All Time

rodriguezisdead

I have to say that when Sonny pulls the trigger to kill Hackman is one of my alltime favourites!His eyes tell a thousand stories. They are sad and yet full of conviction.Great scene for sure!That my friends was television in the making. Never before had we seen on regular TV the outright killing of a person to cause such great debates around the water cooler the next day. Real ground breaking telelvision for sure! Just like the pilot episode. We the TV audience had never experienced the bad guys winning in the end? Calderone got away and we were left wondering...What a grand ending for a great show to spawn new episodes of the same appeal!

post-35-13892962939966_thumb.jpg

Season 2 - Prodigal Son - Ep 023 - Mr Johnston (Julian Becks) 'World Catches a Cold' SceneHow could we forget?!I think it's a great scene - doubt it will get the most votes - but worthy of being included in the poll - if we are allowed to vote for multiple scenes in the final poll then it will be interesting to see how they all rank, not just see which one 'wins'.Stinger390X - absolutely agree - what a scene - will be in my top 3 for sure - frustrating thing for me I recall was no one else at school (here in sunny england) was in to MV so I had nobody to scream with about how amazing last night's ep had been - leading to yet more suppressed teenage angst...I think in some ways the whole of MV hinged on that one scene - took 4 seasons to get to it and Sonny was never the same again after it.Just wish they hadn't played that awful Easton track as he walks away at the end! All that walk needed was silence, or at most the sound of wind blowing through the leaves of the trees.

• Like 1

Season 2 - Prodigal Son - Ep 023 - Mr Johnston (Julian Becks) 'World Catches a Cold' SceneHow could we forget?!I think it's a great scene - doubt it will get the most votes - but worthy of being included in the poll - if we are allowed to vote for multiple scenes in the final poll then it will be interesting to see how they all rank' date=' not just see which one 'wins'.[/quote']Yes! I had thought of that, but forget to write it in a post...Definitely one of the most memorable scenes in MV - very powerful stuff, and good evidence that MV wasn't just style but also substance.

Just wish they hadn't played that awful Easton track as he walks away at the end! All that walk needed was silence' date=' or at most the sound of wind blowing through the leaves of the trees.[/quote']Yeah, I agree the song ruined it a little - there should have been no song

Favorite Scenes of All Time

I have to say that when Sonny pulls the trigger to kill Hackman is one of my alltime favourites!His eyes tell a thousand stories. They are sad and yet full of conviction.Great scene for sure!That my friends was television in the making. Never before had we seen on regular TV the outright killing of a person to cause such great debates around the water cooler the next day. Real ground breaking telelvision for sure! Just like the pilot episode. We the TV audience had never experienced the bad guys winning in the end? Calderone got away and we were left wondering...What a grand ending for a great show to spawn new episodes of the same appeal!

You are so right. This one will be up there for sure.

Favorite Episode of all time

Any opinions on this?

Number of episodes, hmmmm. That's a tough one. How about the top ten per season. That would be 50 all together. MJ

Favorite Episode of all time

Yeah' date=' I agree the song ruined it a little - there should have been no song[/quote']I didn't like her song there either, but dead silence (no pun intended!) would have been weird. Here's a mini poll: what song do you think would have been better as Sonny walked away after killing Hackman? (Wonder if Hammer composed any funeral marches??)

Season 3 - Down for the Count - Ep 057 - Death of Larry (Surprisingly' date=' no one has mentioned this yet - another very memorable moment in MV - still gives me a lump in my throat when I watch it - perhaps the scene could have been done a little better, but still it is very memorable)[/quote'] I know a lot of fans love this scene but I was so mad they killed him off, I found it hard to be sad! Still, it deserves to be up with the top ones. Another one I thought of was in Payback, when Sonny is waiting to be interviewed by IAD and he blows up at the guy who tells him, "Maybe you have a good reason to sweat." That was a good one, I think. Wow, this is hard. There are going to be so many!

Here's a mini poll: what song do you think would have been better as Sonny walked away after killing Hackman? QUOTE]I think the Sid Vicious version of 'My Way' would've been great for this scene. It's nihilism would fit with the new bad Sonny

World of Trouble; When Lubizzi and his girl are in the pool and get a "special delivery" from Lombard.Glades; "Maybe.....You won't even.....twitch." I can't remember the ep, but Noogie rapping after getting released from the hospital. That always made me laugh.The opening of Out Where the Busses Don't Run with Baba O'Riely playing, Little Richard preaching and Crockett shoves a bible-thumping couple out of the way.

I know a lot of fans love this scene but I was so mad they killed him off' date=' I found it hard to be sad! Still, it deserves to be up with the top ones. QUOTE']Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh soooooo right!I cried like a baby..........................Real touching scene for sure.I also agree that it was sad to see "Lar" go but he wanted out of his contract.The story line was excellent though.

• 3 weeks later...

Favorite Scenes of All TimeI did a quick scan of this thread and unless I missed it, I didn't see anyone mention the scene from "One Way Ticket" when Sonny is burning off steam at the firing range while Thurmmond flies off on his jet to "think things over". I have that scene in my top ten. Any other nominees????

One of my favorite was in the pilot, when Sonny is standing on the bridge waiting to jump off into the boat to 'meet' some guy (Tubbs) that just stole his floating ride....the camera work is great, and I think they use some sort of high film speed / aperture settings to get a very high-res looking scene (pre-digital, of course back in '84)...I knew from that point on that the filmography / musical scores were going to make this show a hit...no, a classic

Season 3 - The Savage - Ep 060 - Closing Beach SceneProbably not my fave scene, but earns a place in the poll at least.

• Administrators

Season 4. Deliver Us From Evil: When Sonny shoots Hackman at the end. I think that was the most powerful scene in MV.

Season 4. Deliver Us From Evil: When Sonny shoots Hackman at the end. I think that was the most powerful scene in MV.

I agree!:clap:

One of my favorite was in the pilot' date=' when Sonny is standing on the bridge waiting to jump off into the boat to 'meet' some guy (Tubbs) that just stole his floating ride....the camera work is great, and I think they use some sort of high film speed / aperture settings to get a very high-res looking scene (pre-digital, of course back in '84)...I knew from that point on that the filmography / musical scores were going to make this show a hit...no, a classic[/quote']I agree. The photography in this scene was terrific! Good choice.

I agree. While I'm not a fan of the "Burnett Trilogy", The end of Mirrror Image "That's B-U-R-N-E-Double T" with Rico in the background shouting, "Sonny!!!! Sonny!!!!" Is also powerful.

It's going to be such a difficult one to put the top few scenes in order for me. I agree that this scene is the most powerful in Season 4 - but am not entirely sure if it's my favourite or not from the entire show.Season 5 fave for me is the Return of Burnett to OCB scene.Season 3 fave is final scene of Forgive Us Our Debts.S2 & S1 - not sure yet as still watching!Can't wait to read peoples' reasons for why they vote for their own particular faves.Are we ready to start the vote yet folks or shall we wait a little longer?

• 5 weeks later...

I love the Brothers in Arms sequence - great moment in a great episode.Also Crockett getting his new car... I mean that IS what Miami Vice is all about. That scene sums up the whole show for me.I also love Crockett's marriage with Jan Hammer cameo!

• 11 months later...

Must agree, that scene made my jaw hit the floor the 1st time i saw the episode.Another one is the Gas Station scene from Evan.Along with the final scene from Out Where the Buses Don't Run.

Tell Me Scene of FreefallBrothers in Arms sceneIntroduction to Mr. McCarthy with the Marina track in the background

• Administrators
And him saying "wrong" at the end has a lot of significance and multiple meanings if you think about it too.