The Making of Miami Vice: casting Don Johnson by Brandon Tartikoff

johnnyfarragut

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

Great! I knew that it happened that way, but never have read Tartikoff´s side of the story. Thanks for sharing!

Have you ever read that “Making of Miami Vice” book? I believe the above is an excerpt from it. 

It’s available in digital form and very inexpensive. I believe you would enjoy it!

I have the old paperback, but the digital version is very handy for the search function alone. 

• Like 1

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Have you ever read that “Making of Miami Vice” book? I believe the above is an excerpt from it. 

Of course, I have it as paperback. But this Tartikoff interview is not in it.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Dadrian:

Oops okay never mind :) Great post @johnnyfarragut

I am sure you are only challenging me? :dance2:

Rest assured that I know the Making of book word by word (I bought it in 1987) and can recite it even if woken up in the middle of the night :p

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom said:

I am sure you are only challenging me? :dance2:

Rest assured that I know the Making of book word by word (I bought it in 1987) and can recite it even if woken up in the middle of the night :p

Haha no not a challenge. Always looking for a chance to help with your research though. I’m a big fan of what you do. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing! I’m guessing they are stating the pilot “In the Air Tonight” scene feels like the 1983 remake of “Breathless” and not the 1960 original? I haven’t seen either, myself.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing. It was very interesting to read. I own the German translation of the paperback of "The Making of Miami Vice" and found it interesting to read how things had happend back then. This was a new sight of it.

• Like 2