Bruce Willis Health Update

Miami Beau

Hey guys, just heard some real sad news for the legendary Bruce Willis. It’s been announced he’s suffering from Dementia. I really feel for the guy. It was only last year that he retired from acting and now we know why. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11760169/Bruce-Willis-family-reveal-actor-67-diagnosed-frontotemporal-dementia.html

Edited by Miami Beau
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

I also heard about Bruce Willis a while ago. Now it looks like he's getting worse. I always liked his movies and his acting on Miami Vice.

• Like 1

i didn't hear this. i heard he retired because he had a disease that makes you lost the use of wording. i forgot the disease name. then maybe the disease turned also into dementia, biologically, or psycologically. yeah i loved that actor too. he was pretty unique in his way of playing. sometimes nut but never too much, sometimes wise, and grounded

the episode with the pink house is one of the major episodes of the series to me

• Like 2

Dementia is an absolute worse desease. No one knows how long it takes until you forget everything. I always say: At the beginning, this desease is terrible for the one who's suffered with it, because he knows that he forgets things. Later it is terrible for his family because he doesn't realize that he forgets things, but everyone around him sees that he's no longer the same person als he had been in the past.

• Sad 2

so dementia is the medical term for forgetting stuff, interesting. i heard (today) that dementia Bruce has is a kind of Alzeimer. not an alzeimer, but kinda similar symptoms

There are different kinds of Dementia. Alzheimer is one of these. It does not only mean to forget stuff, it means to forget everything: how to eat, how to use normal things, who your relatives are and things like that. More than once I got experienced that a daughter vistetd her mother or father, stayed with her or him for hours. When she wanted to leave her mother/father asked her to give regards to her daughter if she meets her anywhere. Tha is so sad.

• Sad 1

Just read in this morning’s LA Times that he has been diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia or FTD.  The frontal lobe of the brain is involved in higher cognitive functions such as language and problem solving.  The temporal lobes are involved with memory and information processing among other things.  

Here’s a link if you are able to access it:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2023-02-16/bruce-willis-frontotemporal-dementia-aphasia

• Thanks 2