The A-Team Complete Series Blu-ray!

ViceFanMan

I didn’t realize this until recently, but I guess this past summer Universal themselves put out one of their shows on Blu-ray...The A-Team

I haven’t really heard about Universal doing that with their older TV shows much...as they’ve mostly “loaned out” the rights for Blu-ray to other home media companies. However, it was originally a Stephen J. Cannell show, too, so maybe his estate had a hand in it?

I got it the other day, but I haven’t watched it yet. However, from the reviews I’ve read most fans seem to be very pleased & say the quality is way better than the original DVD sets! :thumbsup: 

Whether it’s syndicated episodes, or original uncut airings, I don’t know? Universal has seemed to have used syndicated reruns for a lot of their older TV shows home video sets, so I’m guessing it’s probably the former...but, for the price & quality I’ve read about, I’m glad to find it.

This is one of the few shows I loved growing up that I have never gotten on home video yet...I haven’t seen it since it was originally on when I was a kid, lol! :) 

4EEAA71C-C91E-48B3-8C0C-A138A08F4F2C.thumb.jpeg.2c9ce3e0b1ab848d2c7a10b5c2cdc781.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 3

A-team is cool, definitely cool. but too "kiddy" for me now. i mean i could watch one, or two episodes, but i wouldn't go as far as buying the whole set

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

A-team is cool, definitely cool. but too "kiddy" for me now. i mean i could watch one, or two episodes, but i wouldn't go as far as buying the whole set

Yeah, a lot of the shows I loved as a kid (“A-Team”, “Knight Rider”, “Dukes”, etc...) are cheesy as an adult. But, I’ve learned to appreciate them for what they were & the purpose they served. It’s not too expensive, so I didn’t mind. I’ll find out in the next few months how I still view it though, lol! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I didn’t realize this until recently, but I guess this past summer Universal themselves put out one of their shows on Blu-ray...The A-Team

I haven’t really heard about Universal doing that with their older TV shows much...as they’ve mostly “loaned out” the rights for Blu-ray to other home media companies. However, it was originally a Stephen J. Cannell show, too, so maybe his estate had a hand in it?

I got it the other day, but I haven’t watched it yet. However, from the reviews I’ve read most fans seem to be very pleased & say the quality is way better than the original DVD sets! :thumbsup: 

Whether it’s syndicated episodes, or original uncut airings, I don’t know? Universal has seemed to have used syndicated reruns for a lot of their older TV shows home video sets, so I’m guessing it’s probably the former...but, for the price & quality I’ve read about, I’m glad to find it.

This is one of the few shows I loved growing up that I have never gotten on home video yet...I haven’t seen it since it was originally on when I was a kid, lol! :) 

4EEAA71C-C91E-48B3-8C0C-A138A08F4F2C.thumb.jpeg.2c9ce3e0b1ab848d2c7a10b5c2cdc781.jpeg

They used the same prints as the UK set from Fabulous Films

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=351175&page=8

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crockettt said:

They used the same prints as the UK set from Fabulous Films

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=351175&page=8

Thanks for confirming. Most companies that put out home video on Blu-ray (Mill Creek, Fabulous Films, Elephant Films, etc...) use the same prints as provided by the original and/or owning studio...in this case Universal.

However, sometimes companies outside the U.S. will cut or edit the episodes even more than the U.S. versions. I’m hoping not too much in this case, and the Fabulous copies were the same syndicated copies Universal originally put out on DVD. But, it wasn’t too expensive, so either way I’m happy with it. :thumbsup: