Screen-Used Gun/Prop?

Dadrian

@Kavinsky @Robbie C. or anyone:

Do you recognize this prop from MV? I would recognize one of the main characters’ guns, but that’s about it (I’m not a gun guy). This one is “certified” to be authentic though:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285235622186?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ukzuW826SNi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=pubP6yz6RwS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

74121DC4-8F76-45BD-B80A-22A6C77520FF.jpeg

• Like 1

Not a main character at all. I'd say maybe one of the generic "drug goons" at best. Vice usually gave significant characters (good or bad guys) pretty specific weapons. That holster doesn't look quite right, either.

I know for a grand you can get a pretty good 1911A1 clone brand new that would be a lot more useful.

In theory it could have been the one used by the assassin in The Hit List. This uses a stock photo of the gun and then has a couple of stills from the episode. I tend to think it's not, though, because this one's non-firing. IMFDB gets pretty sparse on gun notes after Season 3, but there were Colts o'plenty in use, but normally with what I'd call second string or supporting characters.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Yeah my wording was not good above. The auction clearly states that it’s not a main character gun. Good info @Robbie C.  thanks!

No worries. But the auction guy does say it might have been used by one of the other detectives, which I don't think is accurate. Most likely it was used by "heavy number two" or something similar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I would hope my claim to fame would never be “heavy number two” :) :) :) 

Better that than "heavy number three" or "dead guy by tree."

• Haha 1