Happy Birthday, Jan Hammer!

Tony D.

Today we wish a very Happy Birthday to the man who created the Miami Vice theme and Crockett's theme ........... Jan Hammer! :cake: :cheers: :gift: :balloon: :fireworks:

He also wrote the music for 90 episodes of Miami Vice! 

Enjoy your Special Day! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

So good. 
Didn’t Jan see this himself?

Thanks. He did, and he posted it on his Facebook (on this date in 2020)! :fireworks:

https://www.facebook.com/161383064531085/posts/pfbid02vtWY7nkY12Qqzv4fHPrbwFG3EHpTY2GZJVtK4W1K384VdjpNrbtrxzUHRVamZCNwl/?app=fbl

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Happy Birthday Jan!  Today is also the date this site went live those many moons ago. :clap:

• Like 3

Happy birthday Jan Hammer. Thanks for all that great and innovative music.

After what you did, no TV show dared using sleazy jazz music for their theme song ever again. Thanks for that, too :)

Edited by johnnyfarragut

2 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Happy Birthday to the genius behind the music of Miami Vice.

Genius indeed!

I was listening back to my isolated track of the main guitar sound from the original version of “The Talk” from Evan (my current project) earlier tonight. 

His composition skills are so understated. Absolute Legend. :tasse_prost:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Genius indeed!

I was listening back to my isolated track of the main guitar sound from the original version of “The Talk” from Evan (my current project) earlier tonight. 

His composition skills are so understated. Absolute Legend. :tasse_prost:

Indeed. He left Mahavishnu Orchestra because he felt he was not getting the recognition he deserved. And that's a shame, because that group achieved the impossible: first-rate musicianship, unbelievable chops and commercial success.

Jan is second from the left. To his right, John McLaughlin (founding member; later enjoyed great success touring the world with Paco de Lucia), Billy Cobham ( who pretty much sent Buddy Rich into retirement), etc.

Mahavishnu_orchestra1973.jpg.a7213f9bb7fb72cff2697790ca59c300.jpg

• Like 2