RIP Tina Turner

S.FL84

The lady who helped give MV it's sound Tina Turner has died.  Who here can forget the feeling she gave MV w/ 'What's Love Got To Do With It'?  Again I have to post I am SOO glad to have been there when MV was THE show.  Who here can forget that electric feeling every ep. of those first two seasons gave you as we were given a peek into that dark, exciting, forbidden world of cocaine-fueled fabulous 1980's?

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 4

I am very sad about this. The queen of rock n roll and she was the soundtrack to Vice! Rip to simply the best:happy:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

My point was her death ended yet another chapter of those wonderful mid 1980's we here all remember so well as being an incredible time 2B alive.  Every week there was new music, new movies, new MV EP's, etc..  Life was sooo exciting & new.  Now it sucks sh#@.  Our government has turned against it's people & is staging fake terrorist attacks (Operation Northwoods).  Again, I am soo glad to have grown up then.  I just wish I had been 20yrs older & able to have been there while it was happening.

Edited by S.FL84

Tina Turner's voice accompanied me already in the 70s. I love Nutbush City Limits. Due to her illnesses, she was no longer really present in recent years, but for me she belonged - and still belongs - to the immortals. RIP Tina.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Simply the best —she was the soundtrack to Miami Vice. This song from late fall 1989.

•  

•  
  • Like 1

Tina Turner was the soundtrack to Miami Vice— this hit from the fall of 1984 would have worked well in the show also.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Tina Turner was the soundtrack to Miami Vice— this hit from the fall of 1984 would have worked well in the show also.

Great song and great album. In case someone doesn’t know, “Private Dancer” was written by Mark Knopfler (the guy singing and playing guitar when C&T are racing to find Weldon/Arcaro at the end of OWTBDR). Kind of a shocker :) 

• Like 1

The sound of Miami Vice was Tina Turner — here is 1989s late fall release “Falling like Rain” a deep blues rock cut from “Foreign Affair”