Pierce Brosnan in The Matador (2005)

Paul Veres

Just watched this 2005 movie, The Matador, which appears to be criminally overlooked. Pierce Brosnan plays a globe-trotting assassin, who is losing his touch, and ultimately needs help of a regular guy he accidentally meets in Mexico. The fact that Brosnan played Bond before makes this black comedy even funnier. My favorite part is his character's odd salacious allusions, though probably not for everybody's sense of humor :)

Unfortunately the two trailers I found don't do it justice, just watch the movie if you can. 

the-matador-2005.thumb.jpg.dfdf4357f31ce9c42474ec0ee66f8dff.jpg

Two reasons I share this here. 

One is the movie has a very particular visual style, predominantly to do with colors, which reminded me (not the style itself, but the fact that it has it) of Miami Vice.

Another is this article https://bamfstyle.com/2020/09/11/matador-pierce-suede/

It is really eloquently written, but more importantly the level of attention given to figuring out every last bit of Brosnan character's style just reminded me the investigations going around here for everything MV-related. 

Hope you get a chance to watch the movie, and do read the article if you are at all into clothing and personal style.

Edited by Paul Veres