Crockett's Jacket? (Season 2)

Sheisenburg

I've always been intrigued by this jacket or coat or whatever you call it (I'm no fashion aficionado). Season 2 definitely had some really cool fashion choices and personally is my favorite in terms of all the clothing choices the show made, in the episodes where Crockett wore that type of jacket I feel like you could almost see the makings of what would become Season's 3 style, not necessarily color-wise just the how the clothes look with the pulled up sleeves and the fact that it doesn't look like a linen blazer (in my opinion). The jackets you're seeing in the photos look different style wise, but I kinda group them together for the sake of convenience. And, I gotta wonder, what's with these jackets? And how can you call or even describe it? What I'm really most intrigued about is the one from Trust Fund Pirates and Definitely Miami with the lining on the lapels and stands out from the rest of the jackets.

Personally, I'd honestly buy and wear them all the time, they look so cool.

image_2023-06-19_031220789.png

image_2023-06-19_025909167.png

image_2023-06-19_030314108.png

image_2023-06-19_030808071.png

image_2023-06-19_031154599.png

image_2023-06-19_031937101.png

Edited by Sheisenburg
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sheisenburg said:

I've always been intrigued by this jacket or coat or whatever you call it (I'm no fashion aficionado). Season 2 definitely had some really cool fashion choices and personally is my favorite in terms of all the clothing choices the show made, in the episodes where Crockett wore that type of jacket I feel like you could almost see the makings of what would become Season's 3 style, not necessarily color-wise just the how the clothes look with the pulled up sleeves and the fact that it doesn't look like a linen blazer (in my opinion). The jackets you're seeing in the photos look different style wise, but I kinda group them together for the sake of convenience. And, I gotta wonder, what's with these jackets? And how can you call or even describe it? What I'm really most intrigued about is the one from Trust Fund Pirates and Definitely Miami with the lining on the lapels and stands out from the rest of the jackets.

Personally, I'd honestly buy and wear them all the time, they look so cool.

image_2023-06-19_031220789.png

image_2023-06-19_025909167.png

image_2023-06-19_030314108.png

image_2023-06-19_030808071.png

image_2023-06-19_031154599.png

Great choices! The Yankee Dollar photo is Marithé et François Girbaud. The last one is a shirt. Not sure about the others, but probably Boss/Versace. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Great choices! The Yankee Dollar photo is Marithé et François Girbaud. The last one is a shirt. Not sure about the others, but probably Boss/Versace. :thumbsup:

Yes, the last one is a collarless shirt.  I had a couple in the mid to late 80’s.  They seemed to disappear but are apparently back as I found many for sale.  I hadn’t thought about them for years so it was a bit of a flashback!  They’re not the same as a henley which is a knit with no upright collar, just a hem, and sits flat around your neck.  These collarless shirts have what would be the collar of a traditional dress shirt, minus the folded over part.  I had one that was a light blue color with a white collar and cuffs.  I think the other was white like the picture.  

Those kind of short jackets are called boleros and come in many styles but all are shorter than a traditional dress coat.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 2

What episode is this one from again?

The material looks as light as a tailored shirt.

It's a timeless jacket and I love the style of the collar.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Dadrian said:

The last one is a shirt.

54 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

What episode is this one from again?

The material look as light as a tailored shirt.

It's a timeless jacket and I love the style of the collar.

This is near the end of One Way Ticket when C&T visit the gallery looking for the disappeared Thurmond. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1