Original Miami Vice Scripts Collection & MISC Production Paperwork FOR SALE with several First Draft Copies

Crocketts

I have never seen Original Production USED Scripts NOT Ebay photocopies for sale ever before & this many. Someone please buy these so we can all enjoy them here.

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/movie-tv-memorabilia/documents/collection-of-20-scripts-and-documents-from-miami-vice-universal-tv-1984-89-/a/7351-89476.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

• Like 3

At least $2.5k...thats just the opening bid. I wasn't impressed that they didn't list the episodes right up front so you could see what you might be getting. Like the early draft of "Free Verse." 

On 7/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, Robbie C. said:

At least $2.5k...thats just the opening bid. I wasn't impressed that they didn't list the episodes right up front so you could see what you might be getting. Like the early draft of "Free Verse." 

Yeah that's just the opening bid but its also 20+ production used scripts Ive never seen any originals for sale ever just cheap photocopies on Ebay. Heritage auctions is pretty legitimate and they just sold a Crockett Jacket at their last auction. It says: (episodes featuring the very early career roles for Liam Neeson, John Leguizamo and Steve Buscemi.) So we know that you are definitely getting: When Irish Eyes are Crying, Sons and Lovers, & El Viejo which are 3 great episodes. Would be nice if they listed all the exact episodes though but even still I think any original crew members scripts no matter which episode is GOLD to me! Maybe we can take up a collection haha!

Edited by Crocketts
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Crocketts said:

just cheap photocopies on Ebay

“not some cheap Jack conversion” :p

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Crocketts said:

Yeah that's just the opening bid but its also 20+ production used scripts Ive never seen any originals for sale ever just cheap photocopies on Ebay. Heritage auctions is pretty legitimate and they just sold a Crockett Jacket at their last auction. It says: (episodes featuring the very early career roles for Liam Neeson, John Leguizamo and Steve Buscemi.) So we know that you are definitely getting: When Irish Eyes are Crying, Sons and Lovers, & El Viejo which are 3 great episodes. Would be nice if they listed all the exact episodes though but even still I think any original crew members scripts no matter which episode is GOLD to me! Maybe we can take up a collection haha!

Yeah, I know what they are. But they're also not all final scripts (as witnessed by the one I mentioned already). There are only a handful I'm actually interested in that aren't on Script City, and honestly I don't care if someone from the crew held it or not. I'm not a collector. I'm more interested in how the episodes evolved over time (from first concept draft to what was actually shot), and the Script City stuff is fine for that...aside from the episodes they don't have, of course.

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

“not some cheap Jack conversion” :p

Brand new...ice cold.... manufactured as full autos........... :cool:

I don’t see what the justification for the high price is here, as there ain’t something like a final script. They always drop or edit scenes at the last moment. If I can buy a script for 9.99 on script city, why spend 100 bucks a piece? On eBay one guy from the crew has been trying for 2 years to sell the original shooting script of Miami Sqeeze and he asks for 50. Just to have a reference.

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I don’t see what the justification for the high price is here, as there ain’t something like a final script. They always drop or edit scenes at the last moment. If I can buy a script for 9.99 on script city, why spend 100 bucks a piece? On eBay one guy from the crew has been trying for 2 years to sell the original shooting script of Miami Sqeeze and he asks for 50. Just to have a reference.

Exactly. The closest you'll get is a final draft (emphasis on draft), and even then I can't see spending that kind of money just because someone on the cast might have touched it or sweated on it (I don't need Izzy's "manly expectorations" to feel good about myself...but those choose are a different fundamentalism...). There are a handful of scripts I'd like to see (Deliver us from Evil, Hostile Takeover, Dutch Oven are three I can think of offhand), but that's it. And Script City already gives us different versions of some episodes (Deliver us from Evil and Out Where the Busses Don't Run are two that come to mind).

18 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Yeah, I know what they are. But they're also not all final scripts (as witnessed by the one I mentioned already). There are only a handful I'm actually interested in that aren't on Script City, and honestly I don't care if someone from the crew held it or not. I'm not a collector. I'm more interested in how the episodes evolved over time (from first concept draft to what was actually shot), and the Script City stuff is fine for that...aside from the episodes they don't have, of course.

Right, but im confused by your statement as final scripts are the ones with revision color pages. Your saying script city mails you photocopies of full episode scripts with revision pages? Or did someone just type up the script from watching the episode? I don't think its about who held it, its about how the episodes evolved and there seem to be several 1st Draft scripts here. Those are very valuable and rare because you get to see what the writer originally wrote for the episode before any changes were made, scenes were cut, or actors changed their dialogue. Also Id rather have an actual script used on the set of my favorite television show then a photocopy, I think having that is pretty cool and sentimental to me being it came from the set of Miami Vice but thats just me.

7 hours ago, Tom said:

I think this auction is for the serious Miami Vice fans who want to have the real deal scripts like whoever bought the Bob Hoelscher collection, which by the way some of these scripts are Bob Hoelschers! Be careful though Ive bought several Ebay scripts that looked real in the photos and when I got them they were just cheap copies and very disappointing. Actual scripts used on set by crew members or whoever are actually a lot more valuable unfortunately especially from Miami Vice. For reference a script from: Give A Little Take A Little recently sold for $1170 by itself at auction. So I think that's the justification here. I'm curious to see where this goes!  :rauchen:

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

Exactly. The closest you'll get is a final draft (emphasis on draft), and even then I can't see spending that kind of money just because someone on the cast might have touched it or sweated on it (I don't need Izzy's "manly expectorations" to feel good about myself...but those choose are a different fundamentalism...). There are a handful of scripts I'd like to see (Deliver us from Evil, Hostile Takeover, Dutch Oven are three I can think of offhand), but that's it. And Script City already gives us different versions of some episodes (Deliver us from Evil and Out Where the Busses Don't Run are two that come to mind).

Could you post what a script city script looks like if you don't mind? I'm curious!

3 hours ago, Crocketts said:

Right, but im confused by your statement as final scripts are the ones with revision color pages. You’re saying script city mails you photocopies of full episode scripts with revision pages? 

In my time in production, I rarely, if ever, saw script changes with just a page in a new color.  If there was a script revision during preproduction or production, the color of paper would change for the whole script and they would be distributed to everyone who needed it. That way there was no confusion about which script version they were dealing with currently.  

There was also an order of color that they went through, starting with white, but I don’t know the order. I recall the script supervisor on a handful of occasions questioning someone about the script and referencing the color to be certain.  There was pink and green that I remember seeing, but I’m sure there are other colors.  

I never saw a white one in production as that was the writer’s first draft and almost certainly would have been changed.  The posted image seems to show white, blue, and green, so those are different versions, but if they’re from different episodes then no comparisons can be made.  If you had a white version, plus several revisions of the same script, that could be interesting.

Edit:

I just found this from the WGA showing the script color system.  I never knew this detail beyond the fact that they were color coded.  It brought back some fun memories!

IMG_2864.png

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pahonu said:

In my time in production, I rarely, if ever, saw script changes with just a page in a new color.  If there was a script revision during preproduction or production, the color of paper would change for the whole script and they would be distributed to everyone who needed it. That way there was no confusion about which script version they were dealing with currently.  

There was also an order of color that they went through, starting with white, but I don’t know the order. I recall the script supervisor on a handful of occasions questioning someone about the script and referencing the color to be certain.  There was pink and green that I remember seeing, but I’m sure there are other colors.  

I never saw a white one in production as that was the writer’s first draft and almost certainly would have been changed.  The posted image seems to show white, blue, and green, so those are different versions, but if they’re from different episodes then no comparisons can be made.  If you had a white version, plus several revisions of the same script, that could be interesting.

Edit:

I just found this from the WGA showing the script color system.  I never knew this detail beyond the fact that they were color coded.  It brought back some fun memories!

IMG_2864.png

My buddy's dad started in Hollywood as a "Pink Page" runner at the old Desilu Studios in Culver City before leaving in 1968 when it first sold. He landed at Universal and his first foray into the industry was a TV series called Banacek. As he moved up not only did we get free tickets to Universal Studios, we also got to visit a bunch of sets and locations until MCA sold to Matsushita or Panasonic in 1990.

5 hours ago, Crocketts said:

Right, but im confused by your statement as final scripts are the ones with revision color pages. Your saying script city mails you photocopies of full episode scripts with revision pages? Or did someone just type up the script from watching the episode? I don't think its about who held it, its about how the episodes evolved and there seem to be several 1st Draft scripts here. Those are very valuable and rare because you get to see what the writer originally wrote for the episode before any changes were made, scenes were cut, or actors changed their dialogue. Also Id rather have an actual script used on the set of my favorite television show then a photocopy, I think having that is pretty cool and sentimental to me being it came from the set of Miami Vice but thats just me.

Script City sells PDFs of actual scripts (some of them have been posted here by various people). The version is clearly indicated on the cover, and they certainly aren't the junk someone types up while watching the show. They aren't all final versions, so you can still see significant changes between the script and the episode. And yes, they do show changes when two versions of the same episode are available (sometimes many changes...the differences between Off the Wall and Out Where the Busses Don't Run are interesting, to give one example). I don't get too excited about colored pages, honestly...if there are enough different versions of the same script out there you can see how it evolved without that.

I would never buy a script off E-Bay for more than $10 or so, honestly.

• Like 1