ARE YOU DIGITAL READY?

COOPER&BURNETT

The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA today officially switches over to ALL digital TV broadcasts. Analog is gone forever.Are YOU digital ready?I didn't want to buy four new TVs, or get cable becasude I don't watch too much TV (I'd rather be here!), so I bought the digital converter box, digital antenna, and digital connectors.What is your status?

Unless they change the date... won't have to do anything til 2010. I have plenty of time to arrange all for my new living room in my new home!!!

The U.S. Government says that 3 Million people in the U.S. have NOT made the Digital switchover that starts today.I'm wondering if TV ratings will go down a notch, or if mass confusion will happen all at once with people flooding TV stores and help hotlines.Be interesting to see.

Bought the converters before the first "deadline." Work fairly well, they are affected by bad weather more than analog, break up like satelite signals do. Have problems getting one local station, digital doesn't have much range.The RTN retro station is good, with lots of 80's shows like Knight Rider...no Vice though.

Digital singnals work just fine, but just like you said, it doesn't seem to have much range. I bought a portable 7" digital TV, and it's receptions is very poor at this stage. The flyer on the inside of the box states that the signal should improve after the switchover. However, unlike analog portable TVs, it must remain stationary. If you move it, it will disrupt the signal. There are things about digital I don't like, and do like.I may hook up my converter again tonight (I tried it out during the first deadline).I hate how if signal strength is poor, the picture freezes up, and pixelates. I'd rather get a snowy picture and still watch it.

The signal amplifiers help somewhat, I already had an outside antenna. A newer one might work better. They have to be aimed in a more directional manner. A person may have to go back to the antenna rotor systems that used to be popular in the 60's and 70's before cable."Buster" with Phil Collins in showing on "THIS" a movie digital channel right now.I has forgotten about that one, based on a true story and made in 1988. He acts a lot like his "Phil the Schill" character.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094819/

Believe it or not, he took that acting job after he said he had such a good experience filming MIAMI VICE. He liked acting, and MIAMI VICE game him the acting bug once again, and did the film BUSTER. I have the soundtrack, and a rare instrumental from the movie. He's actually not a bad actor.

Believe it or not' date=' he took that acting job after he said he had such a good experience filming MIAMI VICE. He liked acting, and MIAMI VICE game him the acting bug once again, and did the film BUSTER. I have the soundtrack, and a rare instrumental from the movie. He's actually not a bad actor.[/quote']I remember those songs, I didn't realize they were from the movie. I'll have to find the DVD.

"A groovy kind of love" was one of the hits. "Two hearts" is the other.One song (which is great!) is called "Big Noise". The vocal is on the cd, but a LE CD single has the instrumental!!The soundtrack is a really great "PHIL COLLINS" ALBUM! Most people have never heard it.

Still have a standard TV, but digital cable, so I'm okay. I really do need an HD-TV though. Frankly, the thing that bothers me most about this is that my handheld portable TV I got in like 2002 now won't work.

The thing is in Germany some different.Analog will switch off in 2011 or 2012.But i have already digital TV, because the moving pictures have a better resolution, colours and deep.In 2010 the biggest channels, ARD and ZDF, maybe you know, want to activate HDTV.I hope, that it will works and that the receiver will be cheaper. Now they cost more than 300€ for only receiving HD.You have HDTV in America, or?I have heard channels like FOX having it.Marius from nearly Hamburg

Don't watch TV...I can't stand commercials and most of the stuff on today is crap anyway.I just download anything I want to watch...no commercials and I can watch it anytime I want and not in some timeslot allocated by some executive with a mustard stain on his tie.

I didn't want to buy four new TVs' date=' or get cable becasude I don't watch too much TV (I'd rather be here!), so I bought the digital converter box, digital antenna, and digital connectors.What is your status?[/quote']I have DirecTV, so I've been digital for years. I have to admit it's surprising to hear about someone without cable or satellite TV these days. So do you get all your news from the internet only?Eingefügtes Bild

I have DirecTV' date=' so I've been digital for years. I have to admit it's surprising to hear about someone without cable or satellite TV these days. So do you get all your news from the internet only?[/quote']I too have DirecTv. I also know of people who don't have cable/satalite. They don't get their news from the internet, since they don't have computers either. They're either elderly, poor, or both.

How life has changed. When I was a kid, my entertainment involved going to the library to get a stack of books, and then reading all of them.

Over here in Australia the idiot government decided to phase out analogue TV in 2010 or something along those lines. We already have a DVD recorder that gets digital signals, but if they get rid of analogue TV these things will happen:My TVs in my room won't get TV anymore.We'll only be able to watch what we're recording in the loungeroom.Only one of all of our 5 TVs will work with normal TV.VCRs will be rendered obsolete (and I love those things).Our channel Ten won't work on digital if it's been raining.Basically, I think they're making a huge mistake. Bring back analogue!

I just don't watch TV much, and I don't feel like replacing all the sets when I don't watch much TV.I get my news from the mainstream media newspapers, and radio and internet.