Grand Theft Auto Vice City - Vice Squad

Detective_Crockett

Unbeknownst to maybe a few people, Rockstar’s 2002 hit Grand Theft Auto Vice City is a walking reference to Scarface and Miami Vice - Even having such things such as Crockett’s Daytona, the Testarossa, the St Vitus Dance, even Philip Michael Thomas voicing one of the main characters.. Lance Vance. But outside of all of those other references. Whenever you have caused mayhem and your wanted level goes up to 3 stars.. you get a Ferrari chasing you. And two undercover cops trying to stop you, the game has its own ‘Vice Squad’ 
They have some rather funny lines.  

And here are the character models for the Vice Squad, I’m sure you can easily guess who they are meant to be; 

IMG_2082.thumb.webp.1b1740b74197a1b3aeac3d4d4c01f6eb.webp

And these are the Squad also in the prequel game.. Vice City Stories (fun fact, these cops in the games files are named Officer Cracker and Butts) :) 

IMG_2083.thumb.webp.96a69bdb3d15ecf635b8aa9ee51aeeb8.webp

And another little bit of funny trivia: 

• On the police scanner in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, a policeman complains about how the Vice Squad always get the really fast cars, and questions how much money they make.
Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Absolute classic. Freeze, Vice!

Man I really hope the Vice Squad make a return in GTA 6 since it's going to be in Miami (Vice City) and Florida.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, James said:

Absolute classic. Freeze, Vice!

Man I really hope the Vice Squad make a return in GTA 6 since it's going to be in Miami (Vice City) and Florida.

Have they actually (finally) confirmed this? Last I saw it was mostly speculation and innuendo on the part of the interwebs. Personally I'd love it if they went back to Vice City.

• Like 2

A real miamivice image popularity reboot would happen if rockstar could really create a REAL miami vice gta. Not a game patch.  That would be amazing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paul K. said:

Yes its confirmed. The leaked footage (a while back) confirmed a return to Vice City / Miami.

I'm talking about actually confirmed by Rockstar themselves, not leaked stuff. I know the leaked things have been around for ages, but that's not the same thing. There was leaked footage of Agent, too, but it never came to pass.

• Like 1

Yes its confirmed. The leaked footage (a while back) confirmed a return to Vice City / Miami.

I very much doubt that it'll be set in the 80s though.

• Administrators

Hey Paul, please don't share leaked images of the game as Take Two are still handing out DMCA notices for it. 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Have they actually (finally) confirmed this? Last I saw it was mostly speculation and innuendo on the part of the interwebs. Personally I'd love it if they went back to Vice City.

Rockstar themselves confirmed that the leaks were real and from "the next Grand Theft Auto". They wouldn't put all that effort in creating Florida and then have it NOT be Florida. It takes years to create the map. So it's pretty much unofficially confirmed to be taking place in the state of Florida with multiple cities. We have Miami (Vice City), a west coast Florida city like Tampa or Fort Myers (Port Gellhorn), the Keys are also mentioned in the leaks. So it's pretty much the state of Florida.

We're expecting an official reveal very soon. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, James said:

Hey Paul, please don't share leaked images of the game as Take Two are still handing out DMCA notices for it. 

This image was published on another website, not sourced directly from the leaked material itself ;) But thanks for the cautious heads up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 3:53 AM, blondman69 said:

I hope Fernando Martinez is still the DJ on Emotion!

He hosted on almost every GTA in every city so I'm not sure he'll come back to Vice after being in LS most recently

On 9/8/2023 at 4:15 PM, Detective_Crockett said:

And these are the Squad also in the prequel game.. Vice City Stories (fun fact, these cops in the games files are named Officer Cracker and Butts) :) 

IMG_2083.thumb.webp.96a69bdb3d15ecf635b8aa9ee51aeeb8.webp

They're inspired by Martin Riggs & Roger Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon, which doesn't really make sense since the movie came out in '87 whereas VCS takes place in '84 but I like the reference nonetheless

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 7:04 PM, MichaelAce said:

They're inspired by Martin Riggs & Roger Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon, which doesn't really make sense since the movie came out in '87 whereas VCS takes place in '84 but I like the reference nonetheless

So cool !