Castillo´s house up for sale and destruction

Tom

@miamijimf @Dadrian 

Another landmark is about to be razed. The Pancoast residence that has never been on sale since the series is over is now up for sale and the ad suggests to build a new home there.

At least through this sale we got first time photos of the house to keep its memory.

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Coconut-Grove/3351-Poinciana-Ave-33133/home/42759448

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.41.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.41.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.41.45.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.41.53.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.42.16.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.42.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.42.41.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

vor 2 Stunden schrieb James:

$9,000,000!? Time to take a trip to Bogota. :p

Maybe Castillo had something buried in his backyard from his golden triangle days? :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

you can make a loan. 60k/month over 30 years :). i wonder if mosquitoes are a nightmare in such property

oh, and thanks to Tom for ruining my day

Edited by jpaul1
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, Tom said:

@miamijimf @Dadrian 

Another landmark is about to be razed. The Pancoast residence that has never been on sale since the series is over is now up for sale and the ad suggests to build a new home there.

At least through this sale we got first time photos of the house to keep its memory.

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Coconut-Grove/3351-Poinciana-Ave-33133/home/42759448

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.41.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.41.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.41.45.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.41.53.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.42.16.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.42.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-27 um 23.42.41.png

Terrible, I was there 2 years ago. No consolation but at least I got to see it.

Edited by miamijimf

12 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I see the site says veterans can get a no money down loan on this property.  I'm on it!  LOL.

Wish you are serious.

18 hours ago, airtommy said:

Hmmm, if this house is for sale, doesn't that mean @Matt5  can get an inside tour?  I hope you're booking your plane tickets right now!

I’ll meet you there @Matt5–undercover as an interested buyer. :p

Edited by Dadrian
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, airtommy said:

Hmmm, if this house is for sale, doesn't that mean @Matt5  can get an inside tour?  I hope you're booking your plane tickets right now!

Interesting idea @airtommy - sadly would have worked from January through April when I was Florida Keys based , now back on west coast.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I didn't just spend over $600 on car repairs on my 25 year old Lexus POS, as well as just cross over the 265K mark on the odometer, I'd make the drive down there for you guys. White suit and all, lol.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Am 19.11.2023 um 13:50 schrieb Tom:

Castillo’s place is still for sale but price dropped from 9M to 7M. If we wait another 6 months, with that tendency we‘ll be able to buy for a bargain or get it free as a forum donation :p

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3351-Poinciana-Ave_Coconut-Grove_FL_33133_M68788-22324

Price down to 6.25m. As I said: We‘ll get it for free soon! :dance2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2023 at 2:03 AM, Tom said:

Price down to 6.25m. As I said: We‘ll get it for free soon! :dance2:

Surely there must be at least one Miami Vice fan in the world rich enough to want to buy this as memorabilia. 

Was it in episodes other than Golden Triangle? 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Paul Veres:

Surely there must be at least one Miami Vice fan in the world rich enough to want to buy this as memorabilia. 

Was it in episodes other than Golden Triangle? 

It was in Heart of Night and Borrasca as well.

And I doubt that anyone will pay more than 2m for this lot size (as the house apparently is a raze job). 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was looking at the Vice scenes filmed at this house, and I noticed that it's dark and hard to see anything of the house.  I wonder if even back then it was in shabby condition and the film crew was trying to hide that?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
vor 5 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

I was looking at the Vice scenes filmed at this house, and I noticed that it's dark and hard to see anything of the house.  I wonder if even back then it was in shabby condition and the film crew was trying to hide that?

You can see it best in Heart of Night. When Castillo sneaks in you can also see parts of the kitchen in the background. To me it did not look shabby but simply unpretentious und colors mostly brown and black inside. It belonged to artist Helene Pancoast who was quite well known at the time.

BTW price dropped again to 5,95m! At the end of this year we‘ll get it for a doughnut! :dance2:

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Tom said:

To me it did not look shabby but simply unpretentious und colors mostly brown and black inside.

Quite fitting for Castillo’s character :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It was a perfectly fitting house with Asian vibe for Castillo´s character. It was selected for that reason and I guess they did not have to do much set dressing for filming.

• Like 3

I just saw a guy sneaking around in my yard wearing a suit & tie and carrying a sword.  I think Castillo has come to avenge the honor of his house after I criticized it!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, airtommy said:

I just saw a guy sneaking around in my yard wearing a suit & tie and carrying a sword.  I think Castillo has come to avenge the honor of his house after I criticized it!

Check your bathroom ceilings :) 

• Haha 2