What AI can do for us

MichaelAce

I always dreamed of being an undercover cop, especially when I was in high school watching Miami Vice or 21 Jump Street, my two principal fashion inspirations, but I knew that it was just TV and that life was no dream so I just went with web design.

During my several years of learning, I took a few looks to AI, not only for my upcoming job but also for fun. For example, I tried to remaster the show to 4K/60FPS using Topaz AI Enhance & Flowframes:

Another example posted by someone else is Dall-E, the AI that creates pictures out of text inputs:

I recently came into a web local software called RVC (Retrieval-based Voice Conversion) and I tried to make a model out of Sonny's voice to make him say whatever I wanted. I basically digitalized the french dubber's voice (Patrick Poivey, most recently very dead who also voiced Bruce Willis) but couldn't quite get it right because of the music and sound effects. Thankfully, RVC also allows me to separate voice and instrumentals/other sounds in two separate files with another AI (similar to Vocal Remover and Isolation [AI])
Now I know that these two channels are experts when it comes to ripping the music from the DVD/BluRay episodes:

Marty Castillo - YouTube

Crockettt1984 - YouTube

But I think that there might be something to do with such softwares to make them even cleaner.

I hope I will get time to try all these things out properly soon enough, but let me know if you did and had decent results !

Edited by MichaelAce

I cant wait till people begin to chase/hunt the big techs ceos as the unemployment rate explode.

I just hope to be so savage as that gangs of new york movie.

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I cant wait till people begin to chase/hunt the big techs ceos as the unemployment rate explode.

I just hope to be so savage as that gangs of new york movie.

Are you sure your real name isn’t Ned Ludd? :p

1 hour ago, pahonu said:

I think people reacted much the same way when computers went mainstream for business use. It seems that people are overreacting to AI making some jobs obsolete. I mean, most of the jobs that can be done by AI were frankly pretty useless to begin with. I'm sure we'll see within the next decade some sweeping regulations which restrict the usage of AI in some ways which will hobble it into relative tameness. They've already halted the progress a lot by the censorhip on GPT and Dalle and so on.

what really scares me and jim post above prooves it, it's that AI floods the internet with images in a way that someday we find ourselves drown into a big mess where we can't distinguish real images from totally storyless, soulless 'virtual' ones

• Like 3

vor 17 Stunden schrieb pmconroy:

I think people reacted much the same way when computers went mainstream for business use. It seems that people are overreacting to AI making some jobs obsolete. I mean, most of the jobs that can be done by AI were frankly pretty useless to begin with. I'm sure we'll see within the next decade some sweeping regulations which restrict the usage of AI in some ways which will hobble it into relative tameness. They've already halted the progress a lot by the censorhip on GPT and Dalle and so on.

I'm a part-time writer, and AI is naturally an issue in this industry as well. The fear of writers is that publishers will eventually prefer to have their novels created via AI. It saves publishers from paying royalties to authors and, of course, there are no more problems because of deadline shifts. I would find it terrible, because I don't want to read novels written by an artificial intelligence, and I want to keep writing and selling novels. 

As for computers, I'm sure there were some who demonized them. That's always the case with new things.

• Like 3

If you think about it, AI is nothing more than an automated sociopath.

What AI does in the near (and possibly longer) term is undermine the value of those who create. It's already difficult enough to have your work actually valued, but when you can in theory be replaced by a sociopathic algorithm it's worse. And no, this is different than computers by a wide margin. The fear with computers was that they'd be like AI right out of the gate (and of course they weren't). And don't forget AI "builds" itself by essentially stealing content created by others by scraping it off the internet. So there's a number of reasons to be very wary of AI.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christine said:

I'm a part-time writer, and AI is naturally an issue in this industry as well. The fear of writers is that publishers will eventually prefer to have their novels created via AI. It saves publishers from paying royalties to authors and, of course, there are no more problems because of deadline shifts. I would find it terrible, because I don't want to read novels written by an artificial intelligence, and I want to keep writing and selling novels. 

As for computers, I'm sure there were some who demonized them. That's always the case with new things.

this is a good point Christine. i really wonder what the feeling would be, when you finish a good book, then say that was amazing, but now who do i have to thank, the wind.. That sounds so empty to me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

this is a good point Christine. i really wonder what the feeling would be, when you finish a good book, then say that was amazing, but now who do i have to thank, the wind.. That sounds so empty to me

You'd be thanking the couple of thousand (at least) writers whose work was plundered to build the AI...writers who weren't compensated in any way.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2023 at 11:01 PM, pahonu said:

Nah, its calderon.

In 5 years computer programmers will be reduced or will disappear (do a search on youtube before you laugh). If even the programmers for today standards of "important" jobs are screwed, imagine the others regular jobs?! Sounds  kinda arrogant keep saying the jobs that will disapear are already dead. Maybe you are useless already and think you are not. But its an arrogant thought of an arrogant mind. 99% of jobs will disapear (told by bill gates) and will be the same as in the past? Nah, this time will be much worst. We left our lives to the silicon valley heads to decide what will happen to us, you will see what will happen.

AI can be very useful though. i was searching for something very specific for my job on a site search engine. and in less than 1s (literally) it gave me the perfect answer. while i had been searching for the stuff for what a whole afternoon at least

It looks like you're all pretty pessimistic

Probably right though but let's enjoy the technology while it can still be used for what it is now

I was more trying to make a point on how we could use it as fans of the show

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

@Crockettt (you're the one running the  Crockettt1984 channel right ?)

That's correct. I have been using several software to remove vocals from recordings for a long time, including Vocal Remover AI. It all depends on how the voices and sound effects are mixed with the music. Sometimes the result is satisfactory, and other times the software removes certain sound components along with the vocals, so the final effect does not sound the best. :)

This is one of the recordings where I used vocal removal software:

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 4

Amazing work! And don't forget the role AI can play in restoring images as well....more updates to follow soon in the thread below! :cool:

https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/13662-that-epic-mural-at-tommy’s-garage/page/3/

On 12/25/2022 at 10:28 PM, Paul K. said:

With a bit of Photoshop magic, I am sure we can make this happen!

A brief mock-up of blending the pictures together below (still a work in progress):

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 10.25.38 PM.png

Edited by Paul K.
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 3:41 PM, Christine said:

I see why that's a concern. Thankfully, there are AI-detecting tools that are evolving alongside AI models. I think that if that continues we will see some checks come into place, but it does seem that we're entering a murky territory I agree.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 3:57 AM, Mr. Calderon said:

Nah, its calderon.

In 5 years computer programmers will be reduced or will disappear (do a search on youtube before you laugh). If even the programmers for today standards of "important" jobs are screwed, imagine the others regular jobs?! Sounds  kinda arrogant keep saying the jobs that will disapear are already dead. Maybe you are useless already and think you are not. But its an arrogant thought of an arrogant mind. 99% of jobs will disapear (told by bill gates) and will be the same as in the past? Nah, this time will be much worst. We left our lives to the silicon valley heads to decide what will happen to us, you will see what will happen.

99 percent is a gross exaggeration. We need people physically working in factories, plants, restaurants, public sector, security, military and an endless list of other things.

• Like 2

I'm trying to get every episode in maximum quality these days, I should be done in a few weeks

When I'm done, I will use Topaz and Flowframes (unless something better has been released) to enhance the visuals and the smoothness

I'll post my best results here

Also, if I ever manage to clone DJ's voice, I'll make him sing something to try it out and show you a sample

• Like 1