‘Miami Vice’ “Doesn’t Have Its Proper Ending”

Marc

Should not have been a surprise to MM or anyone else. JF has had its reputation in the industry for a long time. This movie was misconceived from the get, but at least MM has developed enough self reflexion to admit that he should never have called it MV.

I cannot imagine how one can cast someone for a MV movie who does not like to film on boats or in cars. That´s like hiring someone for a Marvel movie who rejects working with greenscreen. And a director who drops 3 weeks of filming or his final script part because a main actor goes on strike if he does not get his will, is a joke as well. In such a case the studio normally just needs a lawyer call the actor´s agent about a big lawsuit and then the tantrum is called off. Instead, MM did nothing and the whole movie promo was a big smile and "we are all friends" show. If someone had destroyed my movie strategy, I would not have played along like that.

For me this whole MV movie was a big accident from top to bottom.

• Like 4

I was reading articles in the last few years about this movie how “Miami Vice” 2006 is considered a masterpiece. It certainly has gained momentum.

The locations and the music in this film are fantastic.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2