Hello from the Great White Sunless North

NeonHumidity

...where the weather is definitely the opposite of Miami.

I did periodically spend some time in South Florida in the late 80's, but I can't tell you much about it, because I was 6 and under.  I did have a "Miami Mice" t-shirt, but I never saw a minute of the show before 2022 (I somehow managed to watch the movie first, a few years ago.  Didn't make too much of an impression).

I thought the show would be an impossible relic of the 80's, and not very good.  Boy was I wrong.  

The music is wondrous and I have no idea how they ever got this show on DVD.  Did all the artists who guest-starred give up licensing rights? :radio:

My favorite characters are Sonny and Gina (not necessarily in that order), to the point I've written a couple of in-series stories about them and have plans for more, if I can keep this momentum going.

I love to discuss information I find and turn into headcanons!  And finding a sense of significance and especially, humor, in things.

That's about it for the moment... oh, yes, Daytona >>>> Testarossa.  :rauchen:  Nice to meet you all!

Edited by NeonHumidity
  • Like 9

47 minutes ago, BunMVO said:

Welcome! I'm in Minnesota so I deal with the same struggles. Good to see you here!

Thank you.  On the other hand, I don't know if I'd ever get used to the air in South Florida.  It's just so... thick.  Permanently!  (I do like seasons.)  

• Like 1

• Administrators

Welcome to the site!  So where in the Great White North are you?  I'm in Toronto and yes, it has been a sunless winter so far!  We're a friendly group so anything you need, just ask!

• Like 2

Welcome, I’m in Southern California, so no “thick air” or sunless winters, but my parents were from Canada.  I’ve been many times.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Welcome to the site!  So where in the Great White North are you?  I'm in Toronto and yes, it has been a sunless winter so far!  We're a friendly group so anything you need, just ask!

I'm... actually in Toronto as well.  416, not the GTA.  The sun came out today!  :D  (Yesterday was a different story.)

Hm, anything I need?  That will probably just lead me to make bad jokes...  If anyone finds a clone of Sonny lying around somewhere, though, I call dibs.  :gift:

All I can say is if anyone is interested in either reading what I've written or humoring my weird character-based theories, it's much appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome, pals!

• Administrators
12 hours ago, NeonHumidity said:

Hm, anything I need?  That will probably just lead me to make bad jokes...  If anyone finds a clone of Sonny lying around somewhere, though, I call dibs.  :gift:

Not making any promises but I'll see what we can do. :p

• Thanks 1