Screen-Used Detonics Combatmaster!

Dadrian

Not a chance. It's been mangled...I mean "deactivated." Especially since you can get one that works here. They aren't that uncommon, actually, at least when compared to the Scoremaster.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Of what?

Bidding on something like that. It might be an authentic prop, but why spend that kind of money on something that's not usable? Might just be me, but I don't get the appeal. It would be like you buying a totally gutted synth that might have been touched by Jan Hammer. Sure...he touched it...but you can't play it.

Oh, and the one I linked has a serial number that's really close to the prop one.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Bidding on something like that. It might be an authentic prop, but why spend that kind of money on something that's not usable? Might just be me, but I don't get the appeal. It would be like you buying a totally gutted synth that might have been touched by Jan Hammer. Sure...he touched it...but you can't play it.

Oh, and the one I linked has a serial number that's really close to the prop one.

Gotcha. 

It would definitely be for a collector who has/likes screen-used items, so I should not have worded my original post as “gun folk”. :) 

I would pay top dollar for any gear that Jan used to make MV music—in any condition, by the way. :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Gotcha. 

It would definitely be for a collector who has/likes screen-used items, so I should not have worded my original post as “gun folk”. :) 

I would pay top dollar for any gear that Jan used to make MV music—in any condition, by the way. :p

Sure, but I mean a synth that he just touched...but didn't use. Maybe like walked by it in a music store and touched one of the buttons.

I know there are some people who'd swoon over that pistol, but I just can't see buying something like that if you can't actually use it. Just me, I suppose. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

Just me, I suppose. 

I would like to have it (to go with all my other crap) but I realize I’m in the minority for sure. I would not pay anywhere near what it’s gonna bring though. :) 

5 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

Are You sure the weapon couldn't be reactivated ?? 

Quite a bit of it depends on what they did to the interior components (firing pin, extractor, etc.), but at the very least you'd have to break that really ugly weld they did on the slide hold open lever (you can see it in the right side photo of the pistol) AND replace the lever itself (assuming the weld didn't compromise the integrity of the frame). You'd still have the discoloration from the weld to contend with (among other things). There's also discoloration around the breech end of the barrel, which could mean they did something there, too (so you'd also have to replace the barrel).

Short answer is you MIGHT be able to reactivate it, but there's no guarantee the weapon would be usable once you did. And since the serial number of the one on Gunbroker I linked above is within a couple thousand numbers of the prop gun (and was actually build before the prop gun) you'd probably get a better deal going that route.

• Like 3

Completely agree with @Robbie C.. Even setting aside the fact that the pistol lost its essence as a weapon, the deactivation side effects (pun intended!) also make it visually ugly. So you can't shoot it, and it looks unfit to be a display item. This thing is worse than non-alcoholic beer.

That said, @Dadrian thanks for bringing this to the forum. If you ever see a Bren Ten (like this nice lot https://www.gunsamerica.com/940908684/Bren-Ten-10mm-NIB.htm) please let everybody know too!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Sure! How much did that one go for?

It didn't, seemingly.  It was listed at $1600 and the reserve price was unmet.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Paul Veres said:

Completely agree with @Robbie C.. Even setting aside the fact that the pistol lost its essence as a weapon, the deactivation side effects (pun intended!) also make it visually ugly. So you can't shoot it, and it looks unfit to be a display item. This thing is worse than non-alcoholic beer.

That said, @Dadrian thanks for bringing this to the forum. If you ever see a Bren Ten (like this nice lot https://www.gunsamerica.com/940908684/Bren-Ten-10mm-NIB.htm) please let everybody know too!

Exactly. Bren Tens pop up from time to time on Gunbroker, but it's rare to see them under $3000-$5000 these days. Then there's this one currently going for $15000.

• Like 1