House used in a Miami Vice episode?

Desert Eagle

I took this picture in Ft Lauderdale while I was riding the water taxi... the driver was pointing out many famous and amazing mansions etc and this one, he said was in a few Miami Vice tv episodes... which episode was it from?? Know anything about the house? [ATTACH]416[/ATTACH]

That house wasn't on Vice but it does have a strong Vice connection in that it's owner is a certain guy named Michael Mann!I was surprised that Mann had a house in Fort Lauderdale. I would've thought he'd have a home in Miami. Apparently he owned that house even before Vice started and he used to drive down to Miami from Lauderdale back in the Vice days. I wonder how much time he spends in Lauderdale. He obviously has other homes elsewhere, like California, Chicago.The Water Taxi is great. I've been on it when I was in Fort Lauderdale. We sailed past Mr. Mann's house but I didn't have my camera with me. D'oh!Thanks for the photo dude

Do you know the location? In the later 80's, I remember a white Tessarossa driving around the 17th Street Publix and shopping area (Carlos and Peppis Restaurant, Pink *****cat Adult Club,etc.) in Ft Lauderdale on several occasions. There was an exclusive housing section there also. Probably from the show, as most people wouldn't , even millionaires buy one and paint it white.

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly don't recall seeing this house.

Try google maps perhaps of the inlets and waterways around Ft Lauderdale.

Easier said than done! Fort Lauderdale has approximately 2.3 zillion waterways.

The house is on Harborage Isle Dr, Harbor Beach, Fort LauderdaleYou can look it up here:http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MSNH11&q=It is Michael Mann's house. This is listed in Mann's imdb trivia:"Owns a house in the canals of Fort Lauderdale, Fl which was used in some Miami Vice TV scenes"That's half right. It wasn't used on Vice

Thanks, I see it now. Since when does VE have Bird's Eye View in Lauderdale? I love it! I just looked at the Dania Pier (Red Tape ending) for the first time.

Thanks' date=' I see it now. Since when does VE have Bird's Eye View in Lauderdale? I love it! I just looked at the Dania Pier (Red Tape ending) for the first time.[/quote']I fished off that pier once in 1986.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

mistakes made by guideshi, i read your post and I had the same problem when i made the duck tour starting from South beach, we reach the biscayne bay and then we saw many houses. We stop in front a Big white house, and the guide said that was used in miami vice in the episode with bruce willis. I'm very big fan of miami vice and i said to the guide that she made a mistake because that use was not used in MV as bruce willis house. We i came back to italy i started a research and i find that was only used in "theresa" teaser. in the same trip the guide said that the big white house that you see driving from South beach to Miami downtown was used in scarface, but i know that is a mistake, thanks for http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/ for the great site about all location used in many films.ale

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/ for the great site about all location used in many films.ale

I did the duck tour there two years ago & they said the same about the "Bruce Willis house" when I had actually seen the Pink house (the real one used in No Exit) the day before on the mainland! For interesting views I much prefer the cruises from Bayside

I did the duck tour there two years ago & they said the same about the "Bruce Willis house" when I had actually seen the Pink house (the real one used in No Exit) the day before on the mainland! For interesting views I much prefer the cruises from Bayside

Hi, I made only the thriller boat tour with the offshore on the sunset last year, this year I want to do a cruise from bayside, which one do you suggest? The one made by island queen? I want to do also a cruise on Miami river but on the second half of November it's impossible to find someone that do that cruise.

Hi' date=' I made only the thriller boat tour with the offshore on the sunset last year, this year I want to do a cruise from bayside, which one do you suggest? The one made by island queen? I want to do also a cruise on Miami river but on the second half of November it's impossible to find someone that do that cruise.[/quote']I googled the Miami River tours last night & the only one which came up was the one hosted by Dr George.I've been on the Island Queen one twice now. You get to see a lot on the circular tour: downtown Miami, the port close up, fisher Island then Star Island (all the way around) then onto Sunset Island before returning past the end of Government cut (great views of the liners) then back under the "always open bridge" you see in MV, to Bayside. They tell you who the mansions used to belong to or what films they were used in - there's not much commentary but at least you're not getting the rubbish which the duck tours gave out. Following the Bruce willis error, I wondered just how much was correct.

• 6 years later...

I just did the water taxi tour on the intracoastal of Fort Lauderdale. One guide pretended that the house is owned by Michael Mann and that it's a bachelor pad with only one bedroom. He his married and has 2 children so it seems unreal.  And Zillow states that it's a 5 bedroom and that the house was sold 2 times since 2000.

On another tour, the guide pretended that many scenes were filmed in the house, and that a lot of other Fort Lauderdale locations were used. The only ones I know is Tubbs on the Las Olas Bridge then in front of the Elbo Room, Phil Collins shopping in the Galleria Mall, and 2 clubs scenes in the Coral Ridge neighborhood along Federal Highway. I would be very interested to know if other scenes were filmed in the city. (I know it's an old thread but i take a chance)

If you want to see the house on Google Map, the address is 12 Harborage Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, You can even navigate on the intracoastal through street View.

IMG_3628.thumb.jpg.f9f20119d1cd58e8a2bc314cb430be86.jpg

• Like 2

Yes boat tour guides lie.  The classic example is the speed boat tour from Bayside where they used to say Vice's Little Prince house was in Scarface.  Other Ft Lauderdale scenes include: the Nepenthe Club, 3937 North Federal Hwy. in The Maze.   In ‘Better Living Through Chemistry,’ you see Club Pizazz, 3208 North Federal Hwy.  The Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, 4660 N. Ocean Dr. is the beach bar where Leon is killed in the Pilot.  Whatever Works shows the City Marina on Las Olas Blvd.  There are other sites.

Welcome aboard Caroline.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2