FOUND! Tubbs’ Season 3 Shirt

Dadrian

Some of you may know how much I love season 3 costumes. I was not “searching” for it, but I came across this recently and bought it for $39 because it had “Universal Studios” property tags on it. 

I knew I recognized it, but couldn’t quite place it. Well I found it last night while watching Cuba Libre!!

I’m gonna go all Coop here with the details for the sake of finding more stuff like this in the future, but given the Miami store on the tags where other screen-worn items were purchased, the Universal Studios tag, and these two photos below, I’m 99% sure it’s at least “authentic”!!! :dance2:

edit: forgive the horrible offering of the episode shot—it’s my iPhone taking a picture of the Blu Ray on my TV. Maybe some of you screen cap folk can help me verify. :) 

IMG_7725.jpeg

IMG_7726.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 6

We can safely say it is the same cloth

image.thumb.png.1b9ab842f71f4db4b95cd94fdf789fe6.png

Edited by MrQuiche
Added sentence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me it looks as if it’s the same shirt.

• Like 2

I know they bought multiples of each item for costumes. Even if it’s not THE one in the photo, it’s still a big win for me. Unlike some of my other items, this timeless 100% linen piece could be worn anywhere with lots of different combinations—in spring/summer, of course. 

• Like 3

Lucky to have encounter it randomly, i'm having really an hard time finding those old clothes especially ones that were screen-worn, so far the easiest stuff to find were the sunglasses of Crockett. For such a low price too it's really worth it and a good looking cloth

Edited by MrQuiche
  • Like 1

The girl I bought it from said she bought it from Universal—I forgot to mention above. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The shirt has an alternating pattern stripe. Looking at @MrQuiche’s cap above closely, it appears my shirt has the other stripe on the collar than the one on Tubbs’. Like I said, though: “still a big win for me.” :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Dadrian:

I know they bought multiples of each item for costumes. Even if it’s not THE one in the photo, it’s still a big win for me. Unlike some of my other items, this timeless 100% linen piece could be worn anywhere with lots of different combinations—in spring/summer, of course. 

They always bought 4 pieces of each wardrobe item. 1 for the actor, 2 for the stuntman and 1 as a reserve item.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

The shirt has an alternating pattern stripe. Looking at @MrQuiche’s cap above closely, it appears my shirt has the other stripe on the collar than the one on Tubbs’. Like I said, though: “still a big win for me.” :thumbsup:

Yeah, the pattern looks very slightly different, but this is a great linen shirt nonetheless, MV or not, I love the colors.

22 minutes ago, Paul Veres said:

Yeah, the pattern looks very slightly different, but this is a great linen shirt nonetheless, MV or not, I love the colors.

Thanks! The pattern looks identical to me. What do you see that’s different?

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Thanks! The pattern looks identical to me. What do you see that’s different?

I was just reflecting your own words about the collar.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Veres said:

I was just reflecting your own words about the collar.

Gotcha! Thanks again. I was genuinely asking in case I’d missed something else. I know many of you have better eyes for detail than me. :) 

The pattern looks the same to me.  I wish the buttons were more clear as it does look like there is a color difference.  Otherwise, great shirt!  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Gotcha! Thanks again. I was genuinely asking in case I’d missed something else. I know many of you have better eyes for detail than me. :) 

Well, I did notice something, but I don't know how important this is to you... and I thought before maybe it's just the way the light falls down in the scene, but probably not. On his shirt (left below), the more solid stripes appear to have a lighter  stripe inside of them, while yours is solid...

g316.png.0eb612128cea8129d0d3cf92da0223ea.png

For what it's worth I like yours better - I think that's unnecessarily ornate to break that solid stripe when you already have the other stripes built from several much thinner ones.

• Like 1