CD recommendation

Dadrian

i know almost anyone on here likes the "boys and girls" album by roxy music, or at least the songs from it that were played on MV (boys and girls, windswept, slave to love).can i get an amen on how awesome their earlier album "avalon" is? this is one of the best 80s cds i've ever heard. great vice style music! if you haven't, check it out!if you own a convertible, this is the cd for you! haha i say that cause all the music sounds "sunny" or "summery" to me...

I spend most of my time listening to XM while I'm at work. I skip between the 80's channel, and the boneyard which is hairbands and rock music of the 80's for the most part. Also, they feature new music by those bands that have come back. The Crue has come out with a new album and I've heard it. It's okay IMHO. I'm researching new albums by hairband groups as well, to see if they are any good before I buy them. The new Steelheart song I hear sounds good.The CD I listen to the most, is actually part of a box set. It's the Vice City box set. There are so many good songs on it, and I love it. Sorry but I'm still living in the 80's because I don't get the new music. LOL

gstien, Now don't think me dumb..lol....just a ditz here. Vice City does that have all the song from the 80's that were played on Vice? And if so where can you get it and how much is it? Also how manny Cd's? Ok, question quota done. :radar:

The CD I listen to the most' date=' is actually part of a box set. It's the Vice City box set. There are so many good songs on it, and I love it. Sorry but I'm still living in the 80's because I don't get the new music. LOL[/quote']amen!! the vice city set is amazing!

The Vice City CD set is music featured on the game Vice City. Look it up on amazon and see if they have any left. The song list is really good in my opinion.I think there are 6 CD's in the set. It was $50 dollars when it came out. I got mine for $30, but then again it's 6 years old now. Mine was new, unopened, I mean it was released in 02.I was wrong, there are 7 in there. Here's the link.www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Vice-City/dp/B00006SM6Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1209258655&sr=8-4

gstien' date=' Now don't think me dumb..lol....just a ditz here. Vice City does that have all the song from the 80's that were played on Vice? And if so where can you get it and how much is it? Also how manny Cd's? Ok, question quota done. :radar:[/quote']crocketsgrl, I don't believe there is an authorized set of all the MV songs out there though I have seen some apparently bootlegged sets in Ebay from time to time. Best way is to download from various music pay sites out there such as Napster or Itunes. Complete list of songs for each episode is here:http://www.wildhorse.com/MiamiVice/eps/ep001.phpI wish there was an authorized set to buy as I think I have successfully downloaded all but about 80 songs that I cannot find.

Vice City Stories has a good soundtrack, but no CD set. The only thing I miss on the box set, is the DJ's comments. I love Fernando, there, I'm coming out. ;)Fernando Rules!just like I told my wife one time, it is not what you think, I was bitten by a snake, and the young lady, she was sucking the poison out Classic! :)

www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Vice-City/dp/B00006SM6Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1209258655&sr=8-4

Thanks for the tip, G....looks pretty cool.:tasse_prost:

• 3 months later...

many agree that "mama" from genesis' 1983 self titled set could have easily made it onto the mv soundtrack.i got the cd to check it out for myself. there at least 3 other tunes that could have been on mv as well. great 80s music a la mv!i strongly recommend this album to any mv fan!http://www.amazon.com/Genesis/e/B000APYVE6/ref=ntt_mus_dp_pel

• 11 months later...

this is the cover for a new cd i just got:Eingefügtes BildSt. Vincent - "Actor" (2009)http://www.amazon.com/Actor-St-Vincent/dp/B001W63DQ4this is way off topic (well, there are some kind of retro sounds here and there), but this set is GREAT!has anyone else heard of her (annie clark)? she was the guitarist for the rock band "polyphonic spree".the single from this record is called "marrow". check out this AMAZING video from a recent performance:

there are elements of debbie harry and kate bush. good stuff!!

Well NoFretz you hit the nail on the head again. I too love Roxy Music!I can't say that I always visualize MV as I was a fan way before that, but I listened to Flesh & Blood and Avalon over and over again in the car when travelling up to Sauble Beach. I associate it with beach music but yes I do remember the episodes esppecially "slave to love" What a great track!!!Good choice.........................................Do you have any of Brian Ferry's solo stuff?

St. Vincent - "Actor" (2009)[url">

http://www.amazon.com/Actor-St-Vincent/dp/B001W63DQ4this is way off topic (well' date=' there are some kind of retro sounds here and there), but this set is GREAT!has anyone else heard of her (annie clark)? she was the guitarist for the rock band "polyphonic spree".the single from this record is called "marrow". check out this AMAZING video from a recent performance:[url']

there are elements of debbie harry and kate bush. good stuff!!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Kate Bush...I love her! Unfortunately she married someone else, but her music is quite good!I remain heartbroken and alone.................................

post-35-1389296294631_thumb.jpg

stinger, i think we were already anyway, but we're officially bros now!i have boys and girls and avalon. i have some other singles of roxy and ferry solo, but those are the only complete albums. they are both GREAT.you should check the st. vincent band out. you would like it.

Heh NoFretz...cool video.thanks!You know I love the horn section but I got the first impression of Sousie and the Banshees? Don't you agree?She's not to hard on the eyes either :thumbsup: